Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Security cameras......

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
Anyone have any recommendations for security camera systems? I’m looking at a 4 camera system with remote access (IP linking) capability. Swann seems to be a popular brand. Our neighbour was burgled a couple of months back, my Sister’s neighbour was broken into Last week in the middle of the afternoon and someone was in our back garden the other night so I’m after a bit more security/ deterrent. We already have the house alarmed with front and rear floodlighting.

That Bisley alarm looks a great idea. I can just picture an intruder’s reaction when that goes off! :laughing-rolling:

That Bisley alarm looks a great idea. I can just picture an intruder’s reaction when that goes off! :laughing-rolling:
I have got some of those somewhere, not great when you forget you have set it and it goes off next to you

Bad luck TP! I've just fitted reinforcing plastic to both sets of our patio doors. House is lit and alarmed but without this extra security they could do a smash and grab. Not now though.

I used to have a Swann system but found the quality was not good but then went for a Hikvision system and
what a difference, more expensive but wort the extra

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’ve got HD foscam IP cameras round our place. They send footage to a server rather than SD card, but can stream to iPad via an app too

Thanks for the responses guys. A bit more homework needed I think. Only thing decided on is a wired camera system rather than WiFi. Already found a convenient and secure place for the DVR unit and planned the cable routes.

Have a look at ubiquiti. Supposed to be uniquely easy to handle and use. I have lots of ubuiquiti equipment, but not cameras which are their core networking business. Very nice management platform on any browser or mobile app. Cameras with PoE are nice as you need to run only one cheap cable.

Back