Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seems such a shame there cannot be one local LC / Club forum

Andy,

The points you list are exactly what we are trying to achieve with this club! Thanks for putting it so eloquently :mrgreen:
In addition to the package you've described, we are also trying to work a system where the ELCO mailing list can continue for those ELCO members who want to stick with digests and not get involved in the forum. There are also plans afoot to try and incorporate all the historical ELCO stuff in an archive here, so all the good posts/emails are not lost and are available to all of us.
As you say, the ideal would be a club with a huge "database" and a forum that responds and adapts to meet the needs of the members.

As mentioned by Gary, lots of work going on to tie things up with ELCO - hopefully there will be a conclusion and an announcement soon :ugeek:

Cheers,

Without giving too much away, we're considering:

"The European Land Cruiser Owners Club"

as a name to go forward with as a partnership once all resonsibilities etc are resolved etc and final agreement reached. The name covers both contributing organisations.

Comments?

Comments?

On the name or the whole idea?

So far it's only binary on free forum software on a a few quid a month hosting package started by guys in bold green, is it a LC UK Club? an European club? a World wide club? What is it going to be?

If it'a a SA club I can already read these?

I'm nothing but trouble I know :mrgreen:

24Seven said:

I believe free speech otherwise known as trouble makers are allowed :lol: And FWIW I think it's a European club and we're having a photo finish ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
24Seven said:

I believe free speech otherwise known as trouble makers are allowed :lol: And FWIW I think it's a European club and we're having a photo finish ;)

I'm only ranting because I really care what happenes next, I will slip back into the background soon I'm sure :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
Without giving too much away, we're considering:

"The European Land Cruiser Owners Club"

as a name to go forward with as a partnership once all resonsibilities etc are resolved etc and final agreement reached. The name covers both contributing organisations.

Comments?

That's the spirit, to be honest even calling it the european Land Cruiser Owners Club doesn't stop it being a worlwide club or anything else just driven from a European starting point. Again a bit like IH8MUD started as a US club and is pretty much global and all the better for it.

Starting from a European starting point though is good because in lots of ways it better serves the users over here where there is a large percentage of the Diesel trucks not available in the US (except as imports or ones that started in the Canadian or S American markets).

Looking forward to the progress. The one thing that is important though and all current and future contributors will have to remember, the only thing that makes these sites work is the enthusiasm and participation of the contributors / members. If no-one takes part, then it won't fulfill it's potential, the people who build and run the site can only do a small part really in the overall scheme of things. I have seen how sites can grow to massive size if the members use it - from personal experience the way the www.hiluxsurf.co.uk site grew from small beginnings is amazing. Log onto that site now after being away for even a couple of days and it can be hard to keep up with the new posts and that is only down to the users, not down to the admins / owners / moderators.

Anyway, nuff said, good luck with it.

I agree with alot of the comments

BUT

The club is very new and we know why it came about.......or do we......has the bigger picture been known for a bit longer?

All this talk about "European", as far as i can see we don't have any overall nationality or regional status is the description or name anyway so could it actually be a limiting factor? I don't think you see it in other places such as IH8MUD, HUBB or hiluxsurf.

The club has grown fantastically in the first few weeks so whats the problem? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Is it really that much trouble to click a link on this page to get to somewhere else like elco, lcool or even tlocuk.

'tis true.

There is a real gold mine of info on Elco that if incorporated here and made searchable would give even greater value to us all, and everyone else who will join because of such rich content. As long as it's done correctly everyone will win.

Paul said:
The club is very new and we know why it came about.......or do we......has the bigger picture been known for a bit longer?
This would be an unplanned expansion Paul and AFAIK nobody thinks it changes what the club / forums are for or how they should be run.

Paul said:
All this talk about "European", as far as i can see we don't have any overall nationality or regional status is the description or name anyway so could it actually be a limiting factor? I don't think you see it in other places such as IH8MUD, HUBB or hiluxsurf.
Calling it European helps identify the main Land Cruiser market the club / forum targets. Anyone is welcome but the threads and events will more than likely always have a European slant i.e. the models that are available and what features they tend to have. IH8MUD is a great forum but you're close to stuffed if you want good diesel information for example and if you talk about a 100 series on the SA forum they'll assume you're actually talking about a 105 :(

Paul said:
The club has grown fantastically in the first few weeks so whats the problem? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Is it really that much trouble to click a link on this page to get to somewhere else like elco, lcool or even tlocuk.
It has been going great guns and this will only make it better :)

I hope this helps :)

As the decision seems to have already been made then i will go along.

Back