Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sensible priced 4.2 80 for 110k?

Go on GOK have a punt. I did contact the seller regarding the mileage (one mot says mileage unreadable) but he's never got back. it looks half decent to be fair and im sure there is an honest explanation for the wayward mileage.. "right"...

I am not really looking at 80s at the moment. But had thought Id go look at this one ij Sidcup if anyone wanted feedback. However, similar experience to you - seller not responded since friday evening. So dont know. Maybe he's just weekending hard.

Yeah the chap messaged me this morning to say its available again and that the passenger side rear outer sill will require welding.

I've had enough of rust issues with my 70 and I'm not getting involved again so soon.

Yeah the chap messaged me this morning to say its available again and that the passenger side rear outer sill will require welding.

I've had enough of rust issues with my 70 and I'm not getting involved again so soon.
Ive been talking to him also.He says he can deliver to me for £4350. when you look at the condition(pictures) mileage and history.. it doesn't seem bad. but it needs new springs/shocks all round and there is an issue with rust.. holes in the sills that you can get 3 fingers in .(his words) ( and iv had 3 fingers in some pretty big holes before now) sounds like he got a deposit over the phone buyer turns up sees the issues and walks...

Last edited:
Ive been talking to him also.He says he can deliver to me for £4350. when you look at the condition(pictures) mileage and history.. it doesn't seem bad. but it needs new springs/shocks all round and there is an issue with rust.. holes in the sills that you can get 3 fingers in..( and iv had 3 fingers in some pretty big holes before now) sounds like he got a deposit over the phone buyer turns up sees the issues and walks...

That's what I think happened.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's what I think happened.
This was his reply..
Hello clare and Mr higgy, regarding delivery to Kent total cost would be £4330 £330 for the delivery cost which would be delivered on our trailer or driven if my driver is available. Truck is excellent mechanicaly and drives superb and pulls very well for an old bus, unfortunately like most old landcruisers they suffer from rust, what I can tell you about this one is it does have surface rust underneath but nothing major woudk benefit from a good wax oil, the passenger side rear sill has Hole where I could put 3 fingers through it it's the outersill not the Ingersill that's rusted through I have a few photos of the chassis and sill do you have a whatsapp number I can send them too as it's alot easier from there as there are over 10 photos. Regards jimmy....... And I quote.

Back