Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sexy

The French fishing lobby has issued an ultimatum "let us have our cake and eat it or we will vote to ban ourselves from fishing UK waters" :laughing-rolling:

It all hinges on how the American people vote i reckon the EU cannot afford to continue its 30 year trade war against America and lose its wealthiest caged customer , Can only pray the world doesn't end up with a puppet muppet ventriloquist dummy running America .

In fishing the UK has nothing to lose , theres no sympathy on this side of the channel for what might be considered brothers in arms that side just as there was non while the shoe was on the other foot . Our fish is already sold all over the world so its just a glitch in logistics if the EU forbid Europe buying it , and for them they will just have to spend a bit more on fuel because there aint nothing stopping them fishing the Atlantic ocean .

the EU is the worlds largest trading block & the USAs biggest trading partner with China second.Like China the EU and the USA are interdependent & all said and done Wall St will call the shots.The so called trade wars are just bickering , jockeying for position between frenemies .Covid has shown the reality of global trade and supply lines - the idea that any large country or trading block can just slam the door on another is a non starter.Trump has damaged American hegemony & now that he has delivered the required tax cuts to the oligarchs the kinder , more palatable neoliberalism that Biden offers is the preferred choice.
Fishing is a tiny part of GDP & Johnson's willingness to sabotage the deal only makes sense if he's looking for an excuse for hard Brexit.London is the worlds number 1 centre for money laundering & out of the 29 locations identified bu the IMF as offshore financial centres 18 are British territories or have strong links to the UK .
So it looks like the plan is they haven't got a plan , just a vague idea to double down on the lies that they used to justify Brexit & see which way the wind blows ,exploiting the fear and confusion. If it goes pear shaped there's a future as an offshore tax haven .As for regaining sovereignty for Parliament the close on 60% that didn't vote tory are looking at a government that wants to restrict whats taught in schools according to ideology , give soldiers immunity for war crimes & allow secret agents and police snitches free reign to commit crimes.As in the USA when those who oppose the authoritarian moves of the state become the enemy alarm bells should ring.

So ........ what do propose by way of solution ?

stop putting your faith in people you've never met might be a start.If the UK population could show even a fraction of the effort , logic and rationality critical thinking & evidence based conclusions we use on here to diagnose a problem on our Landcruisers you might have some hope. I can't imagine for one minute that you would hand over your bank accounts , your house deeds or your business to some posh bloke like Dominic Cummins or Johnson if you met them in the pub so why vote for them ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I trust them to be human faults an all nothing more nothing less , i have far greater faith in globalization being inhumane .

different interests and power are the problem,You as a boat owner want as much money for your fish whist the wholesaler wants to pay as little as possible .The outcome decided by who has the power to say take it or leave it ....The same dynamic plays out in politics & of course those who are in power don-t have to work minimum wage jobs to keep the lights on . In fact they're in the pockets of those who pay shitty wages.Yeah globalisation/capitalism is inhumane & COVID has shone a spotlight on this.So what's to be done ? dunno .The idea of a big solution to fix everything is i think is bankrupt .If you can't convince folks to do "the right thing " then forcing them will end up in gulags & some form of fascism.Now don't laugh but this club is a great example of everyday anarchism - different folks , different views , individuals coming together willingly to cooperate & spend time to help out complete strangers. Most of us are outsiders in one way or another but we can imagine something different & try to make that happen.

Aye the forum is a community of shared interest , sell it to Brussels and within 6 months all talk of diesel will result in a ban and it will be a statistically proven scientific FACT that we would all much prefer to own an electric 4 wheel moped .

Its a dog eats dog world always has been and always will be but if you can chain the dogs together whip and starve them then they will work to allow you to buy a bigger whip and more dogs . The dogs of course will be tearing each other to bits but that only helps deflect attention away from the whip holder .

Those that lord over us without doing a stroke are always saying thats the way it is , it's human nature , you can't change it . I f i had listened to those who told me your'e mad it 'll never happen , you can't do that etc. i'd never have made it this far.I imagine it's the same for you mate .

I'm usually told i can't do something after i did it :lol:

"I'm usually told i can't do something after i did it" :tearsofjoy: my biggest regrets are not just giving it a go when doubts are presented. Selling everything we had , giving up a seemingly comfortable life to go and live in a caravan halfway up a mountain in a foreign country was the sanest thing we ever did.

I can respect that , going for a never ending walk was an idle dream i grew up with but never got around to starting , i never had any doubts but having no plan , no destination was the self defeating purpose of it .

There isn't any love for Biden but lots of folks want to get rid of the orange psyco .Trump has done more than any previous US president to weaken American hegemony . But that's a distraction from the question of why MPs , on 80K a year , who get 25 quid a day food allowance won't give the most vulnerable kids 15 quid a week .What a bunch of scumbags

Being a skinny kid that got most of his meals free from school I'm inclined to agree , but at the same time I'm dead against government interference in parenting so where do you draw the line ? If reliance on handouts becomes the norm then will that increase or decrease the number of kids who do need help .

I’m thinking now of all the neighbours , even the local copper who called us in from play during the holidays because they accidentally cooked to much . They knew damn well there was nobody home to feed us just as they knew i would refuse to eat if they mentioned it . Tiny village and mum worked in the pub :doh:

Schools had a limited menu back then and free dinners were very obvious to everyone in the dining hall who glanced at your tray , I vaguely remember a government voucher for free school uniform as well , you could only use it at one shop a shop that only stocked things nobody would buy . It was a bit like making convicts who had attempted to escape wear bright overalls while everyone else wore grey . I bet they were so proud of their charitable achievements f******* muppets :lol:

we were given the same food as those that paid but the process involved plenty of humiliation.Monday registration saw those that paid milling around the teaches desk handing over the cash in exchange for 5 green tickets & then those of us on free lunches having our names called out to be given 5 red tickets that were 3 times the size of the green ones.We didnt get subsidised uniform but my parents some of ours on tick from the Co-Op , as well as hand me downs , jumble sales & charity shops.As for so called handouts we are all reliant on the economy & my experience is that most folks want a bit more from life than the miserable sums handed out in benefits. At the end of the day the kids need to eat.

Back