Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shocks

Luqmaan

Country Flag
venezuela
Hi guys. Recently got a prado 2005. Would it still Be ín the 90 series?

Need to replace shocks as it has standard shocks. Want something for rough roads and can that can take a rough ride. Better if few options as availability might be a problem

Please advise

IMG-20180102-WA0002jpg.0.jpg

Yep thats a 90 series and regardless of what engine any 90 series shocks will fit .

A 95 t0 be precise because it has 5 doors .

Hi guys. Recently got a prado 2005. Would it still Be ín the 90 series?

Need to replace shocks as it has standard shocks. Want something for rough roads and can that can take a rough ride. Better if few options as availability might be a problem

Please advise

View attachment 157788

Want to upgrade the shocks. Any advise which type and make to use

I also use Monroe. Good, solid, long-lasting shocks. I'm not sure what you get for your money if you buy something top-of-the-range...

Get the standard ones if you have standard height springs. If you've got a lift, I posted the product code for the +2" version ages ago - a search should bring it up.

I've used them for many miles of green lanes in the UK and they've lasted well.

Monroe plus pedders kits are available from roughtrax and on the advise of @Shayne and @diggerdave are what I'm fitting on my 95... +2 inch lift... They look cool too

IMG_20190803_144050.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also use Monroe. Good, solid, long-lasting shocks. I'm not sure what you get for your money if you buy something top-of-the-range...

Get the standard ones if you have standard height springs. If you've got a lift, I posted the product code for the +2" version ages ago - a search should bring it up.

I've used them for many miles of green lanes in the UK and they've lasted well.

The car has a lift. Quite high. W
Monroe plus pedders kits are available from roughtrax and on the advise of @Shayne and @diggerdave are what I'm fitting on my 95... +2 inch lift... They look cool too

View attachment 157839

Did anyone else use this kit. Just trying to find out more info .

Looks great though. There is some kit on mines aswell. Just not getting a chance for a pic . It's lifted and has bigger blackened springs.

It's very unlikely to be anything more than a 2 inch suspension lift on a 90 series Luqmann as it gets very complicated to go more with the independent front suspension . Your truck looks mostly unmodified so you dont need heavy duty or anything special so your unlikely to go far wrong so long as you stick to known reputable brand names . I've always been curious about Koni shocks but i've never tried them .

Given your in a different part of the world to most of us it might be better for you to show us whats available to you as you might accidentally posts shocks we can only drool over .

I have Pedders 2" lift kit from Roughtrax on my 95 series. Had them on for a few years now. They work quite well but I can't compare them to an expensive alternative (though I'd like to sometimes). My only complaint about (my) Pedders kit is that the paint finish is crap. Most of it has come off on the shock housings and it started coming off not long after fitting, it has not been applied well.

I've always been curious about Koni shocks but i've never tried them

Me too Shayne. But I just can't see what you would get for triple the money. On a track day car, yeah, I get it. But a big lardy 4x4? Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that the Colorado is a fast beastie for what it is, but it's not like a smidgeon of extra body roll is that important... I'm curious though - has anyone fitted v. expensive shocks and woul like to comment?

Back