Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should I or shouldn't I? Advice and thoughts needed.

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I am seriously considering returning to the Land Cruiser fold after spending a month in Rwanda and being driven everywhere in an Amazon. Coming home to my Mondeo just isn't cutting it. However, I am also considering if it is a good move with all the restrictions coming in regarding diesel vehicles especially older large 4x4 diesels. I am probably in the market for an early 2000s Cruiser preferably 100 series. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! I should also add that the Cruiser in my Avatar is my old vehicle now long gone.

Is there a car tax jump after 2002 for a large engined car, that may help decide the target car?

up to 2001 had a blanket tax for older cars. after that the landcruisers are £300ish a year and then march 2006 onwards jump to £500+

Thanks for the replies chaps. It's much appreciated. I suppose I am really asking is, with the headlong rush to adopt electric vehicles, is it going to be rather disadvantageous to own a diesel 4x4 especially a large one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be honest I think it depends on where you live and where you'll be going. I think more big cities will introduce clean zones over the coming years, but if you don't spend much time in the city it shouldn't be an issue.

Good point biscuit. I live in Aberdeen which apparently is considering banning diesel vehicles from various parts of the city centre. However, I get my bus pass in a couple of months so that will be handy!

I've been out of the U.K. for 16 years, so can't really advise.

But, at your time of life, (and mine) I would have thought this an ideal opportunity to live out the "big truck" dream, while you can.

I'm not a very modern-minded person, and although I appreciate the trend towards a cleaner environment, I don't look forward to the restrictions and the change-over to electric or other sources of vehicular power.

I don't care about high horsepower and the likes, but an electric LC doesn't appeal to me at all, whatever its capabilities are.

I love the "dirty diesel" concept, and all those Pistons doing what they do... it sounds daft, but I'm sure I'm not alone...

Go for it, would be my advice, there is the petrol V8 as an option, and enjoy!

:text-goodpost:

It's a 'no brainer' to me. Do what you want to do, what happens down the line happens. Petrol and diesel will still be around for a long time yet. Sure they'll try and get more money from it until it's not viable but it's going to be around.

Do it. Get the one that pits the biggest grin on your face. Love it and put two fingers up to the world from in front of that cruiser grin.

Peer pressure at its best...

Well done for your new purchase

Yes, pictures indeed although photo bucket seems to have shafted me unless I pay a silly amount of money. I'll find an alternative hopefully and get a pic up soon.

Yes, pictures indeed although photo bucket seems to have shafted me unless I pay a silly amount of money. I'll find an alternative hopefully and get a pic up soon.

You can just upload directly to this site :) Much easier than using a third party such as photo bucket.

Back