Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should ths plug be connected to something?

mussy

Yesterday I removed the coolant bottle to get some room to change the batterry. I found this cable hanging about. Any ideas what it is? Should it be connected to anything? Thanks as always.
20190607_180038.jpg

That's a top secret plug mussy to connect us all to the 6g network when a computer in the North pole will be ruling us and all things.

That's a top secret plug mussy to connect us all to the 6g network when a computer in the North pole will be ruling us and all things.

You’re a marked man now Frank, you’ve disclosed the secret, the men in Black (from the North Pole no doubt) will be tracking you down. :lol:

Ok, oh well, not sure what I've done to deserve these non answers, I suppose (and hope) it is for nothing significant.

Onwards and upwards..

It's not for that heater relay thing is it, the dodgy car catchy fire one?

Had a rumage in that area on mine and cant see anything like that either loose or connected. I have the 24vlv version with the intake heater but the connections are nothing like that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Would it matter I have a LHD? Do the RHD have the coolant bottle on the UK drivers side?

Sorry I cannot exactly answer your question, but if you look at the plug it has corrosion in the pins, so has been there a long time, so I suspect it has not been plugged in for some time if at all, so have a look round the area to see if there is a corresponding plug, and of course if every thing is working should not be a problem

It's not for that heater relay thing is it, the dodgy car catchy fire one?

I'm pretty sure thats not the fire hazard relay .

If everything works as it should i wouldn't worry about it Mussy because Toyota are known to use the same loom for different spec and different countries hence some were left with dummy plugs that serve no purpose .

I can't be sure but i think maybe i had that plug in my 97 uk amazon 80 and because the pins were rotten i cut it off and wrapped each wire leading to it individually so they can rot no more nor touch each other . I had long since forgotten about it .

There’s lots that aren’t connected Mark. I’ve just heaved my coolant bottle out from the drivers side and cannot see a plug like that. As said, it’s been like it a long time and would have something not working if it had a home. I think you can let it be and sleep soundly. :icon-biggrin:

There is a temperature sensor on some models fitted below and left of the coolant tank, it is used to modify AC output on climate controlled models, a possibility?

Depending on length, could it reach the air cleaner body, if so it could be for the blocked air cleaner element sensor option?

Regards

Dave

looks like this one :
upload_2019-6-11_8-19-28.png

just have to verify if it sits where you found it

Back