Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should've gone to specsavers…?

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
At around 7-00 the other morning my dear wife emerged from her cocoon around 20% awake and weebled, penguin like, to the loo. Next thing I hear is a most worried little voice that went something like this…

Richard, there's something on the bathroom floor.
What sort of something?
I don't know, I'm scared to put the light on.
It looks like a dead animal…
:flushed:

So, up I get to investigate, and there, in the half light, on the floor was indeed something light brown and not moving.

A very dead toilet roll tube!!

After we both managed to stop laughing long enough my wife said "it looked like it had legs and was lying on its side in the light coming in the window"

Oh dear

I wondered if I should submit this to Specsavers for one of their TV ads.

That's how the brain works jumping to conclusions when trying to work something out i.e. imaginary legs. I put a big white GB sticker on my wheelybin and put it out one night on the end of the drive. On going to the loo at 3.00 a.m. I happened to look out and thought it was someone staring at the house. I called my daughter to tell her and she looked out and said " what are they doing just string like that ?" It was several minutes later that I worked out the outline of the bin.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But, what I would like to know is how the (dead) toilet roll tube made it to the middle of the bathroom floor without the assistance of either of you?

Good story Rich! :lol: The call for "Richard" from Lynn reminded me instantly of Mrs. Bucket, the lady of the house... :lol: I do hope that's not the case Rich :icon-wink:

My daughter (8 yrs old) has been through a stage of making up all sorts of sinister shapes from half-light shadows and imagination.

It's normal in kids and I guess the brain plays tricks on us adults too. Fear is the most active driving force in our brains I'd imagine, it can make us incapable of doing what we would otherwise do with ease.

Imagine, every day we walk, using a "path" which is only as wide as our feet.

Try walking a 25 cm wide ridge ledge at 2000m altitude, we would be terrified to the point of incapable.

Reactions: Pat
Good story Rich! :lol: The call for "Richard" from Lynn reminded me instantly of Mrs. Bucket, the lady of the house... :lol: I do hope that's not the case Rich :icon-wink:

Ha ha! Yes I know what you mean Clive. Wait till you meet Lynn… :lol: you'll laugh!

Back