Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Show your shed/garage

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Inspired by a thread on another forum. Interested in seeing how others use their shed/garage workshop space.

I was fortunate enough to get this along with our new house last October.
View attachment 145738

I had been renting a shed about 30 miles from home, and so this changed my life! I use it for storage, and a workshop for vintage farm machinery. Full standing height loft with shelving above too.

View attachment 145739 View attachment 145740
I assembled the workshop bit from stuff that was left behind by previous owner and things I had already like the wood bench. Cost zero! Could do with a few more bits of equipment - compressor, welder and a couple of others.

And of course I can service the cruiser out of the rain!

View attachment 145741

One of the many benefits of living on a rural area. After 10 years renting far away, I'm blessed to have it on site

Last edited:
And its even got a “Bar” of some sort Bob, very nice indeed.

I’m too ashamed to show my shed inside, its only a garden shed really, and somewhere to store the bikes, but it has a bench and vice for odd jobbing, somewhere under all the stuff that gets piled in there. :lol:

And its even got a “Bar” of some sort Bob, very nice indeed.

I’m too ashamed to show my shed inside, its only a garden shed really, and somewhere to store the bikes, but it has a bench and vice for odd jobbing, somewhere under all the stuff that gets piled in there. :lol:
At least you can get in it Clive. Your ‘Shed’ is a cracker of a Shed though you have to admit. Go on, post it up.

this is a nice idea but security wise not so good.

most people are honest but the wrong people viewing the thread could possibly cause some people issues.

Cracking shed bob. Ashamed to show you ours. Utter mess at the moment.

this is a nice idea but security wise not so good.

most people are honest but the wrong people viewing the thread could possibly cause some people issues.

True enough Karl...

Maybe if the thieves tidied mine up a bit while they were in there, I wouldn’t be so concerned... :? :eusa-naughty:

Only joking...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fair point that Karl.. happy enough to delete the thread

Probably a good idea Karl but it would only be a problem if the shed were recognised. Which of course it could be.
Maybe restrict the thread to outside views only? Which maybe takes the point away.

You have to be so careful these days.

At least you can get in it Clive. Your ‘Shed’ is a cracker of a Shed though you have to admit. Go on, post it up.

Just for Rich then (I always do as I’m told)... but only from the outside...

8C531138-E7C5-4C9E-8B08-33EF1378A178.jpeg

It’s at the top of the hill, so it normally looks more like this...

C1A46729-709C-4EA6-A8D7-43EED41C337B.jpeg

... and its still raining with thunder storms between sunny spells...

I think the only improvement I would make would be to plywood the floor otherwise it’s great as sheds go. :thumbup:

Fair point that Karl.. happy enough to delete the thread

nah. its up to the person posting id say.

for me i wouldnt post. Not that i have anything worth taking really. you also have to be careful on social media in my opinion.

Probably a good idea Karl but it would only be a problem if the shed were recognised. Which of course it could be.
Maybe restrict the thread to outside views only? Which maybe takes the point away.

You have to be so careful these days.

for the wrong type of people rich its easy for them to find stuff. their heads dont work like ours

Inspired by a thread on another forum. Interested in seeing how others use their shed/garage workshop space.

I was fortunate enough to get this along with our new house last October.
View attachment 145738

I had been renting a shed about 30 miles from home, and so this changed my life! I use it for storage, and a workshop for vintage farm machinery. Full standing height loft with shelving above too.

View attachment 145739 View attachment 145740
I assembled the workshop bit from stuff that was left behind by previous owner and things I had already like the wood bench. Cost zero! Could do with a few more bits of equipment - compressor, welder and a couple of others.

And of course I can service the cruiser out of the rain!

View attachment 145741

One of the many benefits of living on a rural area. After 10 years renting far away, I'm blessed to have it on site
What I wouldn’t give to have a ‘shed’ like that Bob. I’m as green as it is. :)

What I wouldn’t give to have a ‘shed’ like that Bob. I’m as green as it is. :)

Absolutely Rich, it’s no shed to my thinking, although they call train maintenance workshops “shed’s” so its more on a par with that IMO.

I thought I had a big garage at one time (back in Brum) when I could accommodate a work-job car and my own at the same time, but Bob’s shed is bloody cavernous :lol:

Back