Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Simple camping / awning question

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hi all
I have just come back from a trip to Spain and I have thinking about how to solve a simple and annoying problem both with the awning and the fly sheet extension off the roof tent. In both cases there are a pair of long poles that come down to the ground and rest on small plastic feet/base. These poles are then tied with guy ropes from the top to a tent peg in the ground for stability. Most of the time this works really well but when it is windy the whole pole can be lifted off the ground and then not come down in a way that still holds up the top sheet/roof. ie it is not stable.

Solution? i was thinking that if there was some kind of plastic (lightweight) tube with a base like below, then there would be a greater chance the pole would stay upright and in the same place. The tube would hold the base of the pole and if the base had a hole in it then you could peg it into the ground.

So questions are:
1. does anyone know where you can get this type of plastic base?
2. or did anyone else have another simple solution
cheers to all
bosworth

C1011-H-500x500.jpg

Why not just put a long spike out the end of the pole, or attach a loop or two at the bottom so you can put a peg through it and let it jump up and down on the peg?

I just put my pole in a square of plywood with a hole in it and peg it down that stops it from moving

Many thanks gents. Will try both those. Cheers

Some gazebo pole's have a base like this.

Also drifta has an awning who's piles have get that can be pegged down

Back