Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

slip indicator, multi terrain indicator and check engine light on?

Timbo2

Country Flag
england
Hi all, can any one suggest a reason the above lights came on while my wife was driving back from the shops? I cleared the codes and all seems ok now, just been on a 40 mile journey and no lights have come back on. It flagged up the crankshaft position sensor but cant see how that relates to the suspension! The car is a 2013 LC5 with 40k.

I dont know about the 150, but on the 120, a fault code and check engine light can cause VSC and TRC lights to come on also, because those systems disable themselves if theres an engine issue.

thanks guys, yeah, new batteries a couple of months ago, I'll check charging though.

So the lights came on again after refuelling, checked codes and this time said open circuit on glow plug, last time it was crankshaft position sensor. Cleared codes, seems ok, any one any ideas. Thing is, car was warm so glow plugs not needed I would have thought.

Did you fix the CPS, or did the code just disappear and never come back?

The glow plugs may not be needed for a particular warm start situation, but if it detects an open circuit to one of them, it will still be reported. Maybe a dodgy wire?

Refuelling..... Is the seal on your fuel cap OK?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you run a test on the battery and alternator yet? Could be a bad earth also.

Did you fix the CPS, or did the code just disappear and never come back?

The glow plugs may not be needed for a particular warm start situation, but if it detects an open circuit to one of them, it will still be reported. Maybe a dodgy wire?

Refuelling..... Is the seal on your fuel cap OK?
Hi, no didnt touch the CPS, seal on fuel cap looks ok.

Back