Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel Recommendations please.

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
This is a call out to those who have fitted snorkels. What one did you get and are you happy with it? Are there any to avoid?

Haha yes it’s been pretty wet here in Aberdeenshire last 24hrs !

I’ve fitted and used 2 safari snorkels - on Landcruiser and Hilux.
Both fitted Ok and worked ok
Seen a Chinese safari snorkel copy, it wasn’t even straight...

Thanks for the reply Andy. It has been rather pissing it down in the city as well as the shire. The Safari snorkel is certainly tried and tested. Did you fit it yourself or is there someone locally that knows how to fit these.

Two snorkels here as well, both Safari. Frogs Island fitted the one on the 90 back in the 2000's - are they still around? West Coast fitted the one on the 100. No problem with either of them, even in some fairly deep water crossings.

Thanks for the reply Andy. It has been rather pissing it down in the city as well as the shire. The Safari snorkel is certainly tried and tested. Did you fit it yourself or is there someone locally that knows how to fit these.

Yes, indeed I have seen photos of Dee burst it’s banks.
I fitted both myself, Cutting the holes in my Hilux which I bought brand new and which was a few month Old was terrifying !
I don’t know of anyone’s locally who does work like fitting a snorkel.

I just know I would mess up cutting a hole large enough and in the right place. My Cruiser is getting some paintwork done later this month. The body shop doing the work are also fabricators so I’ll ask them if they do work like this.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Two snorkels here as well, both Safari. Frogs Island fitted the one on the 90 back in the 2000's - are they still around? West Coast fitted the one on the 100. No problem with either of them, even in some fairly deep water crossings.
Yes Frogs Island still going strong.
Wantage Road, Great Shefford, Hungerford, RG17 7DA
United Kingdom

I cheaped out and got a Chinese eBay snorkel for £60. Have had it for about year and a half and I am very happy with it.
Plastic is durable and UV stable. I offroad a lot and it has a few gouges, but it's pretty thick and hard. No issues with fit.

Last edited:
Safari snorkels on both my LCruisers,very strong,fit perfectly and look good
why would you trust anything else?

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated!

Back