Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkels

Got mine at devon 4x4 for £149 in a sale. They had loads of different models. Maybe worth a call?
25F2B48C-63FC-41FF-96F4-77BB429D9CE8.jpeg 15D8B44E-43CA-441F-A883-234AD88DA2E6.jpeg

Not so sure about the air quality point - they're called a snorkel for a reason. In poor air conditions fine dust tends to rise, so raising your air intake can make the position worse (cos your dragging in fine particles, that get through your filers, rather than heavy, large particles that the filter deals with). Lots of discussion on this in Oz and the US re desert driving. TBH 90% + buyers its a fashion statement. Few are going to drive in 3 feet plus water...
The original reason for snorkels was for poor air quality, but only if you also use a cyclone filter. If it’s for wading you also need to think about axle and diff breathers, but even though I have those I wouldn’t want to go over bonnet depth. A snorkel for wading should be seen as insurance rather than a license to play submarines! It is nice to have that reassurance when in water.

I don't have a snorkel because i don't like them , however i don't like going around things either and since i found a muddy water splash mark inside my air filter box after a weekend at Salisbury i can't get the idea out of my head that i need to be able to see the intake for peace of mind .

I would much prefer something like this

upload_2018-2-18_12-42-51.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
SNAP! Shayne, my '95 came with a snorkel, I don't like them but I wont change it to leave a hole in the wing.
I like the idea of the tractor thingy in your pic. I was going to fit one of those to my Samurai but you have to have the amount of metalwork behind the bonnet to fit one like that. Mind you, you could make it a push fit so you just tug it off before opening the bonnet! They are really cheap on E Blag.

Back