Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow chains

pyemaster

Garage
Evening all,

Does anyone know of any snow chains which will fit 33x12.5 R15s? Seems a little niche...

Cheers
Owen

Evening all,

Does anyone know of any snow chains which will fit 33x12.5 R15s? Seems a little niche...

Cheers
Owen

No, so I had mine made, by special order, by RUDD, Owen.

Thanks fellas, I'll give them a call.

Anyone else running chains on big tyres?

Owen

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, finally heard back from Brindley... £497 plus VAT per pair, so yeah, slightly beyond my budget!

Does anyone else with 33"+ tyres run snow chains at all?

Owen

Ouch! That's a lot of money however good they are! If you plan to use them a lot then worth the investment, otherwise look at lighter duty options. There have been the odd pair come up on eBay military surplus etc There was a set of A81's recently but not sure if they'd fit.

Well, finally heard back from Brindley... £497 plus VAT per pair, so yeah, slightly beyond my budget!

Does anyone else with 33"+ tyres run snow chains at all?

Owen

Mine were a similar price, and although I carry them when the snow is here, Ive never had the need to fit them!

It’s an expensive insurance, but these are cruisers that we drive, not needed IMO, unless you do more extreme snow driving.

Depending on your needs, would snow socks be the answer perhaps?

Yeah I'll look into alternatives, don't need them just yet but looking to do a Scandinavian trip next year so wouldn't mind having something in the tool box for the higher mountain passes.

On a more positive NSFW note, I've now watched this 'how to fit tyre chains' tutorial a few times and I still haven't taken anything in.

Owen

Back