Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So I bought myself a go pro

well i'm getting a samsung s8 but i think the s7's had a habit of blowing up in peoples pockets when they first came out.

well i'm getting a samsung s8 but i think the s7's had a habit of blowing up in peoples pockets when they first came out.
It was only the Samsung S7 Note that blew up, I've got the S7 Edge, for nearly a year now it doesn't even get warm on charge, so far anyway.

Ah ok, i never paid much attention as i had no plans to turn to the darkside. I'll be joining you soon!

Ah ok, i never paid much attention as i had no plans to turn to the darkside. I'll be joining you soon!

Oooooh, an apple defecter, they come after you, you know, Nick... :shifty:

Well I don't really want to Clive but I never upgraded last year because they keep making the new ones bigger and bigger. The s8 if I've understood it correctly is only a nats cock bigger than my 5s.

Well I don't really want to Clive but I never upgraded last year because they keep making the new ones bigger and bigger. The s8 if I've understood it correctly is only a nats cock bigger than my 5s.

I'm the same with Apple, i4 to start with, now with an i5. Never fancied the i6 because of its size, and the i7 is about the same size as the i6, they certainly won't be making the i8 any smaller. PITA.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't think i have the patience for this. How people make whole episodes of stuff is beyond me.

anyway, i've moved it to behind the rear view mirror.

Is it just me or is the video 'pausing' every few seconds?

I think your best bet would have been to drive through one of the gates you passed on that country lane, then the next five minutes of you driving through a forest or across fields, would have been much more entertaining. :lol:

And, the other thing you forgot, was the last 15 seconds, it should always have you unclipping the camera and filming your feet as you walk to the the house.

You have a lot to learn yet Nick.

Is it just me or is the video 'pausing' every few seconds?
That's you tube, I've been getting that with other stuff I've been watching. Pain in the arse but eventually clears up. Turn it off n on again :)

I think your best bet would have been to drive through one of the gates you passed on that country lane, then the next five minutes of you driving through a forest or across fields, would have been much more entertaining. :lol:

And, the other thing you forgot, was the last 15 seconds, it should always have you unclipping the camera and filming your feet as you walk to the the house.

You have a lot to learn yet Nick.
The beginning bit after the bridge is where they have that posh golf competition whatever it's called. I got pulled over there once to let mr bush through.
I'm just learning, lincomb at the end of the month. The video stopped because the sd card was full!

Last edited:
Just wondering, would these Go Pro's be a better alternative to buying an actual type of dash cam?

From my two days of ownership I would say no. I'm still waiting for a memory card in the post which will sort out my problem of only being able to record ten minutes at 1080. My maths says that the 64gb card should be able to record at least two and a half hours. Then there's powering it. If I leave the cable in (which is about a foot long) it thinks it's plugged into a pooter and won't work remotely. Ok if you just hit the record button but annoying if you want to change settings etc. I have two batteries and a separate charger but not needed both yet as the current card ( one I had lying around) is full in ten minutes.
I've never used one of these before so I'm sure there's plenty left to discover.
Think I'll be using it mainly for lincomb or anywhere I know that I want to record something rather than as a dashcam running constantly.

Make sure you get a memory card fast enough to keep up.

Just wondering, would these Go Pro's be a better alternative to buying an actual type of dash cam?

This article says you can, but it suggests it's not ideal for a number of reasons, but the works seems to be that you have to manually switch it to record each time you drive (instead of auto recording when you start the engine) and the fact that you're leaving an expensive piece of kit on display when you leave the car, tempting a break-in.

The main reason for saying that you can is the GoPro's ability to loop, that is to say re-record over the previous recordings, when the card is full.

It doesn't have features such as the accident activated protection to overwrite though, so it's not as ideal in some features, as a dashcam would be.

Make sure you get a memory card fast enough to keep up.

That's a Class 10, and as big as you can afford as long as the device will accept it. Some cameras have a limit, but I think you might be good at 120GB, but you should check, as they're expensive.

GoPro cams are fun. But fiddly if touring on your own. I've still loads of Moroccan footage to do something with but I'm unlikely too now :)

Too fiddly for a dash cam with none of the security type features like crash detection retention etc....

But they are useful easily mounted - usually securely - in loads of places. Get a few spare batteries and battery charger. I also bought can open-sided case and keep it hooked up to power when in use the truck so it doesn't run out of juice. And get a couple of big, fast SD cards - you'll need them... eBay is best for all that stuff.

I figured I'd go minimal to start with, try it at lincomb and see how i get on. Romania is a few months away and i just raided the diesel budget. I just wanted something to record some memories really.This new one you can control from your phone (as long as its not plugged in) so not too fiddly really and as long as its set up it has one touch recording if it is plugged in. Still learning :)

WARNING I have just discovered time lapse video, I was wondering how people recorded their journeys without attaching a TB hard drive somehow. Prepare to be bored!
It also attaches to the tripod that came with my telescope that i accidentally bought a few years ago, bonus.

Back