Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So I bought myself a go pro

I've toyed with buying a GoPro for a while but never taken the plunge. I have dash cams in both cars so that aspect is covered.

Nick - didn't realise you lived near/in Watford. I know that lane behind The Grove Hotel quite well and the road towards Lee's Wood etc. We'll have to try and catch up sometime. ;-)

Yep, when you've perfected your technique I'll have to visit for a GoPro master class Nick.

I've toyed with buying a GoPro for a while but never taken the plunge. I have dash cams in both cars so that aspect is covered.

Nick - didn't realise you lived near/in Watford. I know that lane behind The Grove Hotel quite well and the road towards Lee's Wood etc. We'll have to try and catch up sometime. ;-)
Yeah, grew up in cassiobury park avenue. Then ten years off of tolpits lane and now I live in what I believe is garston though I'm not sure. Whereabouts are you hiding then?

If al you want is a basic camera to take good quality video there are some available for a fraction of the cost of a GpPro. For convenience and accessibility the GoPro has it with WiFi connectivity and App control etc but if you don't want/need any of these a cheaper option will suffice. I paid £50 for a Hitachi HD cam which gives good results but its manual start/stop with no WiFi. It does 1080P but here's a short clip at 720p, 30fps with the cam in it's waterproof case (almost identical to a GoPro case) mounted to a body harness and the bike leaping about quite a bit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Monday afternoon, gone in a flash!

Andrew SPW was complaining that he couldn't get a reliable wifi connection between his iPhone and the GoPro here...

The DJI Osmo looks fabulous....

I'm not sure how well it fits to vehicles, it has a 3 point sucker mount, but I would rip that off in an instant on my scratchy lanes :lol:

There's a handy looking bike bar bracket that might fit roofrack or front bull-bar tube...:think:

........Whereabouts are you hiding then?

I live in the Oxhey/Bushey area, so not far away. We'll have to try and catch up for a brew/beer sometime. I'll drop you a PM.
:thumbup:

It's had a couple of moments where it won't connect. I think that's cos my phone will only connect to one source of wifi at a time. Sonsat at home I have to disconnect from the home wifi to connect to the GoPro. It also had troubles connecting when I was sat in Sainsbury's car park earlier so I just hit the button on the camera.

It's had a couple of moments where it won't connect. I think that's cos my phone will only connect to one source of wifi at a time. Sonsat at home I have to disconnect from the home wifi to connect to the GoPro. It also had troubles connecting when I was sat in Sainsbury's car park earlier so I just hit the button on the camera.

I've had a few frustrating moments with my Sony wifi connection, especially when the camera is mounted on the bull-bar, for whatever reason.

My main gripe is the battery life in the Sony, it's about 45 minutes from switch on, so if you're traveling a fair distance, it's soon flat.

I've rigged a waterproof USB point under the hood to power it on the go, but then I can't use the waterproof casing.:icon-rolleyes:

It needs a casing with a power connector, like many of the dash cams have power supplies in their mounting bases.

I've had a few frustrating moments with my Sony wifi connection, especially when the camera is mounted on the bull-bar, for whatever reason.

My main gripe is the battery life in the Sony, it's about 45 minutes from switch on, so if you're traveling a fair distance, it's soon flat.

I've rigged a waterproof USB point under the hood to power it on the go, but then I can't use the waterproof casing.:icon-rolleyes:

It needs a casing with a power connector, like many of the dash cams have power supplies in their mounting bases.
I shall see how it performs with the Samsung when I get it. At the moment, like many things, I think it's just apple stuff not working with other stuff. iTunes on a pc. Total ball ache, won't even recognise my two ipod classics anymore. iPhone on its own, a beautiful thing. Saying that. The GoPro pro apps are working fine on the phone, on the pc they're a pain in the behind. I'm not a film maker like mr White so as long as I can hit record then I'll have something I didn't have before and hopefully a little less bumpy than this

Nice ones Nick! Glad you didn't slide off mate.

I was thinking about this track for when you guys come. It's just behind our place and over a hill...

The downside of it is it's a bit narrow and scratchy in places, not so good for some of the better turned out trucks (like yours and Rich's) and I wouldn't recommend it in the wet, 'cos there's a few cross-fall cambers with drop-offs which are OK in the dry but might catch us out when slippery.

It was autumn when this was shot, and the colours were stunning. There's a bit of sun-glare which is always annoying on home videos.

The other bad thing against it is it doesn't go anywhere, it ends in a forest and the only way out is back the way we came.

This vid is actually the middle portion of the return journey.

Apologies for the very embarrassing gear crunch at 1:41 :eusa-whistle: and it ends at 7:44 while I waited for my mate to run up the bank to get some berries he'd spotted.

Oo you can stick that on the "todo" list!
My truck is there to be used. It's not quite as shiny as when I first got it.
IMG_1980.JPG
20170711_181214.jpg

We'll see what the others think, that track is not so long, but quite interesting in parts, it'll be a few hours of fun for us boys & toys...

Back