Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So, music videos?

Ok, maybe Rush are a bit of an acquired taste. :lol:

Two here that we’ve been to see. The first, can you believe he’s now in his 70s! This is a concert from a handheld camera but not a bad one. It doesn’t do it justice really as the screens projected the image seemingly hologram style above the heads of the audience. It is probably one of the best light shows I’ve ever seen. It’s a long video but you can get a good flavour in the first 5 minutes.

This next one is completely stripped back and followed Lady Gaga with a stage full of dancers and just stole the show. I still find this incredible for its difficulty and simplicity.

For some reason it repeats with no sound, you’ll get the idea.

Saw her at the O2 and will be again this year in Amsterdam. She puts on one heck of a show.

Last edited:
She sweats a lot for a skinny lass... :lol:

I like Pink too, great voice and songs, and puts on a great show.

Rush, I never thought to post any of them. I just took it that they were everyone's first choice. I've seen ever tour of theirs since 1983.

But whilst NP is in fact my favourite drummer too (speaking as a drummer myself) he is not actually the best drummer in the world. There are people now who have surpassed him in terms of technical technique.

Rush, I never thought to post any of them. I just took it that they were everyone's first choice. I've seen ever tour of theirs since 1983.

But whilst NP is in fact my favourite drummer too (speaking as a drummer myself) he is not actually the best drummer in the world. There are people now who have surpassed him in terms of technical technique.
I’m not really up to speed with drummers so I’ll Take your word for that Chris. All I know is for 3 guys they put together some interesting different music.

80s big hair with one of their more mainstream offerings that kicked it all off for me. Scary how long ago this was!! :scared-eek:

And another to be going on with.

If you like this then check out the album.

Huge Satch fan. Seen him a couple of times and when he played with Chickenfoot. Got all of his records. Records, ha ha. Eh? Prefer early to middle Rush. The newer stuff doesn't do it for me. Moving Pictures came out on my birthday and I was the first person in Chesterfield to get a copy. That's when the van used to deliver LPs to the shop in a box. I was there when they opened up and I waited until the guy arrived with the latest releases. I still recall the owner opening the box and pulling out that very first copy. Straight home on the bus - played it all day long. Things were just more special back then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Then there’s Mr King’s version of an old classic

Which I personally think is better that the original.

An often forgotten cultural offering from the man who wrote I Put a Spell on You:

No offence intended. Interesting man Jay Hawkins, very talented, plenty of people have covered his songs, most famously Nina Simone. He had the usual problems that faced black musicians in the 40s and 50s, and it was only by putting the mock witch doctor stuff into his act that he started to get wider recognition. On a slightly different tack, here's a bit of T Bone Walker, his early stuff influenced many electric guitar players, BB King, Hendrix, Clapton etc. :

If you want to see guitar playing made to look easy, have a look at this group that used to play the local pubs round West Sussex.

Now, for those of you that don’t know, Big Jim Sullivan was a session musician. He played on over a thousand hits in the sixties, played on ‘The Crying Game’ and gave guitar lessons to a teenager named Ritchie Blackmore. He’s also played just about every style there is and for some years around where I live, could be seen in a pub for the price of a pint. Many a time I’ve seen him play a blistering solo while looking out the window, or down the street. Sadly he’s no longer with us and there’s precious little on YouTube, but I consider myself very very lucky to have seen him play. One of the best guitarists in the world of his era.

And many moons ago with Gerry Reed and Tom Jones…

One for fun here, I wonder how many times they had to do this.

And another

And another

Check out their other videos. They’re all clever.

Last edited:
Ok not mainstream, granted, but an amazing video to a track I’m sure I’ve heard on tv or something. Haven’t a clue what she’s saying most of the time.

Back