Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what trips are people going on in 2020

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This will be the 1st time in a number off years that I don't have anything planned at all, always have had a channel crossing booked by the new year,

Hope to do a trip to Europe, spend more time in Austria and take e-MTB’s for some biking. And maybe Italy / France to do some trails

I want to fit in a bike trip, a trip with the trailer and one more with the Cruiser. I'll be at BK again in June. That might be the trailer and Hilux. Not sure about the others. Maybe Morocco - the return.

Norway is definitely on the cards.. Also Germany, (The missus speaks it excellently but has never been).Also a Trip to Romania would be nice... And I would love to go back to Andorra... Looks like il be Flipping a coin..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Heading to the Czech Republic in q1, maybe French Atlantic coast q2, Ireland ( Dingle to Achill ) and then late summer down to the Pyrenees of that happens if not Pyrenees then Morocco )

Did Georgia last year (must post a few pics), thinking of heading back and doing a proper loop back through Russia via Derbent and Astrakhan, then home via Ukraine, with a possible side excursion to Armenia.

Either that or Kyrgz/Tajikistan, but that would be a fly and drive probably.

It just depends on time really, but its currently shaping up for a minimum six week window June/July.

I'm in a funny situation at the moment, I'm really reaching the point where my personal life and ties are virtually extinct, I'm sober and need to do something that doesn't involve horses.

A couple of local trips, Wales etc, Scotland perhaps!

I'm going to head to Europe at some point too, probably for the Allrad show!

Current thinking is 'Back to the Balkans' if things fall into place. Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and maybe Macedonia. Probably end of summer.

I am hoping for a Southern Africa trip (Botswana / Namibia / Zimbabwe / Zambia) with my Father and some friends.

And maybe a European trip with the wife in an effort to entice her to do a trip further afield.

I still want to do Scotland and Morocco.

I'll be back in North Africa spring and autumn.

Big Western Sahara trip in March, over 2000km on pistes. Rekkam Plateau in October then WS again. In between a load in the main bits of Morocco.

Might pop into Mauritania depending on how things turn out

Yes - do. That’s one I’d be interested in doing.
Highly recommend it, i was there for about 17 days and could easily have spent twice that. For a tiny country, theres lots to see, lots of off road and serious variety.

Did Georgia last year (must post a few pics), thinking of heading back and doing a proper loop back through Russia via Derbent and Astrakhan, then home via Ukraine, with a possible side excursion to Armenia.

Either that or Kyrgz/Tajikistan, but that would be a fly and drive probably.

It just depends on time really, but its currently shaping up for a minimum six week window June/July.

I'm in a funny situation at the moment, I'm really reaching the point where my personal life and ties are virtually extinct, I'm sober and need to do something that doesn't involve horses.

These guys are quite active on Expedition Portal: https://terranavtika.com/en/, posts by this guy cover his trips - might give you some ideas

Its been a few years since we did a decent trip. Used to go to North Africa every year once upon a time. Then illness got in the way - weekly treatment tends to take priority over travel plans - then we built a new house. I miss the trips and have run out of excuses now. The warm desert places are my favourites but my co-driver can't do camping any more since her knees gave out.
Time to get back into proper trips methinks. So its going to be Morocco again in October/November this year to play ourselves back into the game.

I love the sound of Georgia & Armenia, that would be new territory for us. Look forward to reading the trip report from Yogi. Those reports and especially the pics can be really inspiring to get the rest of us off our backsides, so I hope you can find the time to do it, mate!

I think il give Iran a miss this year.. (Thanks to Trump and his Twitchy finger).. Hope Grant and Sarah are OK, I think they were heading that way This week..

They are in my thoughts too. Unfortunate timing, to say the least, being overtaken by events like that. Hope they are OK.

Back