Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what trips are people going on in 2020

Heading to the Czech Republic in q1, maybe French Atlantic coast q2, Ireland ( Dingle to Achill ) and then late summer down to the Pyrenees of that happens if not Pyrenees then Morocco )
Hit me up when you're in Ireland - I'm near Galway

Did 1 year trip a few years back and was way too short. Does yours include USA as well

Yep, Starting in Halifax, Nova Scotia and heading down to Ushuaia. Any tips? I'll drop you a PM so as not to take over this thread.

I'll be back in North Africa spring and autumn.

Big Western Sahara trip in March, over 2000km on pistes. Rekkam Plateau in October then WS again. In between a load in the main bits of Morocco.

Might pop into Mauritania depending on how things turn out

Mark, you seem to have fallen in love with Morocco, indeed a beautiful country. Have you explored anywhere else in Africa? If the Morocco/desert landscape is your 'thing" then you would love Namibia for sure. Why not venture further south on your travels?.. I don't mean W/S or M'tania.

Indeed I have, I'd been visiting for 12 years before the landcruiser came along.. In fact it was that which pushed me into Overlanding.

It's an amazing country that needs a lot of time to properly explore, 2 weeks, 2 months etc and you've barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer.

I also love heat and deserts so Namibia doe have an interest for me. Top of my list is the Algerian Sahara and recent development are putting a whole load of new Overlanding options on the table.

2021 and I may be doing a big trip via Algeria. First confirmed tourist doing what I'm thinking of, did get shot at because he drove a 60 though.

Yep, Starting in Halifax, Nova Scotia and heading down to Ushuaia. Any tips? I'll drop you a PM so as not to take over this thread.
Every good overland trip starts off in Halifax.. :)

How the new year has started off I'll be lucky to make a trip to kwik save..

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think il give Iran a miss this year.. (Thanks to Trump and his Twitchy finger).. Hope Grant and Sarah are OK, I think they were heading that way This week..
We are good thanks mate! Currently 4 hours drive from the Iranian border working out/waiting to see what will happen. We may opt for a quick crossing into Pakistan and further explore Iran another time.

if things kick off well turn around and head north back to Georgia. It’s quite cheap there to lay low.

We are good thanks mate! Currently 4 hours drive from the Iranian border working out/waiting to see what will happen. We may opt for a quick crossing into Pakistan and further explore Iran another time.

if things kick off well turn around and head north back to Georgia. It’s quite cheap there to lay low.
Yeh! Keep 'yer' Head down Mate, Just heard Russia and China are joining Forces with Iran, So if it kicks off, It will be a Hell of a Bang!:lol:.... Seriously 'tho' Stay Safe.:eusa-shhh:

April - Adventure Country Tracks, Portugal (2 wheels)
July - 20th Boreen Run, Ireland (2 wheels)
August - Le Camping Moto, France (2 wheels)
September - Montana, USA (2 wheels)
November - Morocco (4 wheels with 2 wheels on the trailer)

doing a trip to Georgia via Bulgaria and Turkey in June if i can get the 3 weeks off
Will be doing a fly and drive job

Were off through Eastern Europe for 6 months from 29th March. Hope to follow large sections of the Trans Euro Trail. Will also be my first trip towing a trailer....

Looking forward to all the travel trips bring recorded and reported here (I know I need to do a better job as well )

Yeh! Keep 'yer' Head down Mate, Just heard Russia and China are joining Forces with Iran, So if it kicks off, It will be a Hell of a Bang!:lol:.... Seriously 'tho' Stay Safe.:eusa-shhh:

Really ?
Russia maybe, but I can't see China getting involved.
Do you have a creditable link ?

I’m trying to get a trip in but with the new born it’s hard work, plus you need to plan your campsites

Overland driving ?
Unfortunately not, I have family all over the Cape so it will be lots of driving but mostly on the black stuff with some gravel roads.

I'm still looking at what hire car options there are that will not shake us to bits for the gravel roads with good height for going into some of the game reserves.

Bachsten's bush camp off the Gibb River road in the Kimberley in winter school holidays. Tried two years ago but stuffed a rear shockie and had to turn back...

April in Morocco, in the summer Gerogia and Armenia, becouse I think I might be able to get about a month off, si it should be enough time to get there and explore a bit.
This trips will be done in my new Hilux, I sold the Landcruiser....

April - Adventure Country Tracks, Portugal (2 wheels)
July - 20th Boreen Run, Ireland (2 wheels)
August - Le Camping Moto, France (2 wheels)
September - Montana, USA (2 wheels)
November - Morocco (4 wheels with 2 wheels on the trailer)

Have a nice trip in my country.

You already have the route?

Back