Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Soar y Mynydd

flint

Supporter
Popped along this yesterday, west to east. Not as bad as the Glass pics of a few years back, but still a fair bit of water damage with quite deep ruts in places, drop down to the chapel in poor state. Nice run though, topped off with a take away from the Shapla Tandoori in Lampeter on the way home, mmm !

p.s. Just a bit of video from the dash cam, not that good, it's only a cheap one. Good views up there. Sadly no pictures of the take away :)

Last edited:
Hi flnt, I'm pretty sure I've been along there! Going back to 2012? My friend Matt, cruiser mates from Holland and I. We went for a week of offroad adventure and we covered over 400 miles!. I had to look it up as it rang a bell, it's near Tregaron to the north west?
I remember that you go along from the west and you have go past a hostel then you get to a gate with a water crossing after it, then straight uphill pretty steep! Across the top and drop down to the chapel at the end.. It's very good track..

Am I correct or miles away?

Yes, that's the one, road from Llandewi Brefi, up past the hostel (it's not YHA any more, but still open) and then onto the lane. Drops down to the chapel and meets the Tregaron to Llyn Brianne road. A bit iffy in places, but not too bad, lovely views.
Tried to upload some footage from the dash cam, but didn't happen.

Excellent mate! To be honest it was very memorable because we stopped just by the chapel at the end and my mate Matt's staffy cross dog was running around and the farmer from the stone track up to the right was going mental! Saying get that f in dog under control,,, or I'll get my gun it'll be a f in different dog then! Lol f you pal!

Shame about the upload, see if you can upload to youtube then add the link to here.. but a very good track and thanks for taking me back a few years!:thumbup:

Only driven this lane once, must have been 8 yrs ago. Don’t remember it being that tricky, low range climb though from west though,
But a big winter storm can quickly wash out a track

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A very good idea there Stu.. I have 15 OS explorer maps here with done tracks marked out on them from years ago. Just have to make a good plan of which ones to do and what area. As need to avoid a load of bitumen connecting routes between lanes.. Great Idea!

If you send me photos of your maps I can plot o
A route on my memory map.

Rather difficult to photograph 15 square metres of maps!

Back