Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SOLD: The Townhouse Trailer

Jacob100

Supporter
Something has come up so I’m putting my trailer up for sale. Some of you will have seen it on here or in Stratford. I’ve always loved its no-frills ruggedness - no LED spice racks here - but our situation is changing so it's got to go. It would be nice to see it stay on the forum.

EB8C671D-22F2-4A2F-A143-892A9F48FDD1.JPG

The trailer was built in 2006 by Best Trailers and Campers of Queensland (www.besttrailersandcampers.com.au). It's plated at 550kgs with a payload of 1000kgs. The build is a rock-solid mix of Australian and Western European components and is capable of some serious terrain. It comes with a standard hitch, electronically adjustable brakes, massive shocks, LED lights and three matching Maxxis tyres in great condition (spare never used). The long drawbar makes it a pleasure to tow.

IMG-1410.JPG

On top is an Oztrail 10 tent and awning combo made from Ripstop canvas (walls 340 GSM SatProof 600+; roof 340 GSM SatProof 800+ silver impregnated canvas). It sleeps two on the double mattress or 6-8 people if you go for a more elaborate setup with the integrated groundsheet and awning room.

IMG-2220.JPG

The lined cargo area below is massive and can be accessed from the rear, from above or through a hatch under the mattress from inside the tent. The rear door swings out and holds a sink unit, a two-burner gas hob, and a fire extinguisher.

IMG-1530.JPG

Other features include a leisure battery hooked up to a solar panel; Quickfist shovel mount, lockable gas bottle and Jerry can holders; underslung water tank with manual pump; large lockable storage/battery box on the front; Bulldog 4x4 wheelclamp, padlocks and door locks all around; and bags of poles and pegs and groundsheets etc.

IMG-1873.JPG

Everything is in good condition and ready to go, but the handbrake needs adjusting and the internal gas struts are getting weak. It's stored in a garage in Sheffield S11 and can be viewed most evenings and weekends. I'm looking for £4,000 for it. Any questions please ask.

IMG-2212.JPG IMG-1500.JPG IMG-1508.JPG IMG-2207.JPG

Last edited:
Bargain with a capital B. If you have ever had a hankering after a trailer then what a great start. You could have a caravan. Or a motor home. Or a ground tent. But there's nothing really like an expedition trailer. They're flippin' brilliant.

Cheers Chris. I’d really prefer not to sell this on eBay so if anyone on here is interested I’d be happy to take a deposit and hold onto it, deliver it or accommodate a deal in any way I can. Will also get some more detailed shots as soon as I can get to the lockup.

Knowing what i spent to build my own it's a bargain indeed , and as camper trailers go i'm sure we would all have one in an ideal world where storage space wasn't a problem .

Best of luck selling to a forum member because i'd sure like to see it in use .

Aarrrgg, if this came up a few months back I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat but now those funds has been redirected to something else.

Knowing what i spent to build my own it's a bargain indeed , and as camper trailers go i'm sure we would all have one in an ideal world where storage space wasn't a problem.

Indeed Shayne. I could really use that garage for storing work vehicles overnight. I’m looking for a bigger unit to share with friends and family. You’d think Sheffield would be full of them but they’re few and far between.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I rented a shipping container for 6 months hoping to make a start at building a garage - then ended up going down there to bring tools home every other day :icon-rolleyes:

Almost forgot. The previous owner - who, as you’ll see, was an absolute star - put this little walkaround on YouTube. Some things have changed, but it gives you a good idea of the kit. I bought it unseen based on these videos.

No Jacob No dont sell your trailer you have two kidneys which one you sell is up to you but please keep your trailer its a lovely piece of kit i would buy it off you but can only do a pound a week good luck with the sale and reckon 4000 quids is under priced and do hope you get all of them and more

No Jacob No dont sell your trailer you have two kidneys which one you sell is up to you but please keep your trailer its a lovely piece of kit i would buy it off you but can only do a pound a week good luck with the sale and reckon 4000 quids is under priced and do hope you get all of them and more

Thank you Steve. I knew this would raise a few eyebrows in Somerset but I promise there’s method to my madness. Also, the trailer will stand up to any inspection. Not sure my kidneys would.

Wont be putting Connie to pups until easter ish

Just a little mid-week bump for my reasonably priced adventure trailer.

I’ve had zero interest so far. Not a sausage.

Wrong time of the year, I know, but if you have any use for it please get in touch. I can’t stand the thought of listing it on eBay.

Well good luck, it's a bargain and in truth still under priced at that but worth what someone will pay I guess. It's an adventure on wheels.

On the interior bit it says 24v socket?

Well good luck, it's a bargain and in truth still under priced at that but worth what someone will pay I guess. It's an adventure on wheels.

On the interior bit it says 24v socket?

Well spotted. Changing it now. I know what you’re saying about the valuation but some trailers have been sat there for months. It’s such a niche item. Obvs still 4K ono on here.

A few detailed photos from earlier today. The only one that may need an explanation is the one showing the mount for a boat carrier. One on each corner.

IMG-3249.JPG IMG-3251.JPG IMG-3252.JPG IMG-3253.JPG IMG-3256.JPG IMG-3258.JPG IMG-3260.JPG IMG-3261.JPG IMG-3262.JPG IMG-3263.JPG IMG-3265.JPG IMG-3266.JPG IMG-3268.JPG IMG-3270.JPG IMG-3272.JPG IMG-3274.JPG IMG-3276.JPG IMG-3282.JPG Kitchen2.png Hitch2.png

Last edited:
Wait till he finds out that doesn't include the number plate!
I don't know which is worse. His accidental bid or his corrected one.

Back