Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sorry but had to panic buy

Nobody can out run a common cold so best to assume you have it already and do what you can to avoid passing it on , that's what i'm reading from all the mixed messages anyway .

Self isolation is not total isolation and nor is it quarantine so its just a way to make the damage more manageable and hopefully free up some beds from the first wave before the second wave arrives .

2 months on China is returning to some semblance of normality they say so each and every one of us can assist in stretching resources so those that need help get it .

I'm with Higgy there, I was always one for helping anyone out with whatever needs, still will to some extent. But over the years it's been like a switch inside me has been flicked, especially with one particular neighbour and some people I thought were 'mate's who took kindness for weakness and took the piss with borrowing tools and equipment and one way favours.
They have been told G.T.F, and in some ways it is every man for himself sometimes. You get to know genuine people, of which there are many left.
People on here for instance. Yes !

Towpack, there are still places if you know where to look, over or underground.

Has anyone actually prepped their truck for a getaway?

Yes, we are set to a point where many of us are using the trucks as the daily drive. I just fill up a bit more frequently. So high confidence in throwing a few boxes into the back, jump in, drive off.

Im keeping the LC topped up in case of fuel shortages/delivery problems and the diesel price is certainly coming down so it’s not all bad news. Heading for the hills would be a good way of self isolating for the quarantine period I suppose, other than that I can’t see much point, might as well ride it out in the comfort of your own home. JMO.

Heading for the hills would be a good way of self isolating for the quarantine period I suppose,

I suspect you wouldn't be alone. It would probably be like that "Hermit" sketch in Monty Python (the rocks were full of them) :lol:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As Bob has alluded to the breakdown of solidarity on UK society is something that has been a result of deliberate decisions & policy.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/18/politics-public-covid-19-tobacco-johnson
"companies funded rightwing thinktanks and university professors to launch attacks on public health policy in general and create a new narrative of risk, tested on focus groups and honed in the media. They reframed responsible government as the “nanny state”, the “health police” and “elf ’n’ safety zealots”. They dismissed scientific findings and predictions as “unfounded fears”, “risk aversion” and “scaremongering”. Public protections were recast as “red tape”, “interference” and “state control”. Government itself was presented as a mortal threat to our freedom"
What we have on this site is a community even though most of us haven met IRL.

Time to get my bugout bag and head for the hills, away from this madness of grabbers that is called a civilised society ? I am fortunate to have skills for doing just that and cut myself off completely, easier with spring/summer just around the corner, and I dont mean just 'camping'. Mrs not having it though.
Extreme if it comes to it ? And if I don't give the location, would that be selfish ?
@Tractionman is just Ray Mears in disguise. And if you don't give a location DHL won't know where to deliver the bog roll LCC members will donate to you:)

As Bob has alluded to the breakdown of solidarity on UK society is something that has been a result of deliberate decisions & policy.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/18/politics-public-covid-19-tobacco-johnson
"companies funded rightwing thinktanks and university professors to launch attacks on public health policy in general and create a new narrative of risk, tested on focus groups and honed in the media. They reframed responsible government as the “nanny state”, the “health police” and “elf ’n’ safety zealots”. They dismissed scientific findings and predictions as “unfounded fears”, “risk aversion” and “scaremongering”. Public protections were recast as “red tape”, “interference” and “state control”. Government itself was presented as a mortal threat to our freedom"
What we have on this site is a community even though most of us haven met IRL.
You realy have got a downer on, your just doom and gloom all the time, can't you say something nice?

You realy have got a downer on, your just doom and gloom all the time, can't you say something nice?
Just telling it like it is.No point getting scared or depressed , I agree but we have to look out for ourselves & each other , we can't rely on the government.

Just telling it like it is.No point getting scared or depressed , I agree but we have to look out for ourselves & each other , we can't rely on the government.
You say the same old thing every time, instead of mass criticism, come up with some positive detailed solutions, to what you think is wrong, I am desperately trying to understand the philosophy that you are trying to get across in most of you posts.

Perhaps you could start a thread and layout your thoughts, in layman's terms please, then you may even get more people on side.

Hope this helps.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chas, jibberjabber, sorry somehow I missed your posts.
There are lots of abandoned military locations in England and Wales and Scotland, fenced off, some with security. There is a group that regularly posts locations as historical? places of unauthorised interes, some used for munitions, underground. Their name escapes me, but a friend showed me some that got me thinking some years ago, others I have found.
Military pill boxes, prolific across the country, sometimes so overgrown and hidden you wouldn't know they were there. The obvious ones have been shit in by bears?
As for Ray Mears, he is better looking .
Better equipped, (knowledge), a cool calm dude, not gung ho rushing around and getting on with it

Chas, jibberjabber, sorry somehow I missed your posts.
There are lots of abandoned military locations in England and Wales and Scotland, fenced off, some with security. There is a group that regularly posts locations as historical? places of unauthorised interes, some used for munitions, underground. Their name escapes me, but a friend showed me some that got me thinking some years ago, others I have found.
Military pill boxes, prolific across the country, sometimes so overgrown and hidden you wouldn't know they were there. The obvious ones have been shit in by bears?
As for Ray Mears, he is better looking .
Better equipped, (knowledge), a cool calm dude, not gung ho rushing around and getting on with it
I like Ray Mears, and the way he presents, I wish thay would put the reruns of all his adventures on the tele more often. If you are half as good as him then you will be a survivor, along with Crocodile Dundee :laughing-rolling:

Im keeping the LC topped up in case of fuel shortages/delivery problems and the diesel price is certainly coming down so it’s not all bad news. Heading for the hills would be a good way of self isolating for the quarantine period I suppose, other than that I can’t see much point, might as well ride it out in the comfort of your own home. JMO.
Your right, that'll be the next panic buying spree.

Not raise concerns but my brother in law worked for Total until he retired and said this morning that their UK refinery that produces a lot of our fuel in going to 50% production, as they are foreseeing a much lower demand
But personally I think is a way to keep the price up

Not raise concerns but my brother in law worked for Total until he retired and said this morning that their UK refinery that produces a lot of our fuel in going to 50% production, as they are foreseeing a much lower demand
But personally I think is a way to keep the price up
Agreed :thumbup:

Yes Ray Mears, very credible chap, clever survival skills that anyone could learn and adapt. All those others dont cut it with me, jumping off cliffs, running round in circles without markers and getting lost, and then going to a hotel with crew when cameras stop rolling. Anyway what good is being able to skin a dead and rotting camel in the desert so that you can use it as a sleeping bag ? Unless you are there of course.
I couldn't stand in the same shadow as Ray, but could/ can get by without too much problem - in spring/ summer. Winter is very different, even in a cave and almost continual fire, especially at night. Not much to forage and time is taken up doing that foraging, setting traps and gathering firewood. All travel on foot, no landcruiser cheating !

Back