Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sorry but had to panic buy

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
had to panic buy this weekend as i have run out so brought enough to keep me going awhile

Got 10 cases of cider and 2 x of 2 kg of sugar so should be ok for awhile

The mrs just walked out of Tesco's in disgust with nothing and says its time we went on a diet anyway :lol:

Broke her heart to see an old man with nothing but a pack of 4 toilet rolls standing in the queue give them to an old lady and walk out empty handed because he knew there was no more , he obviously remembers what community is .

WTF is wrong with people :angry-screaming:

I just don't get the toilet paper thing... Its not like you get the shits with the flu?

Last edited:
I think many people will be using toilet paper as disposable tissue for sneezes and general nose blowing etc, easily flushed away unlike handkerchief tissue.
Many “old” people will remember war rationing and the community spirit that brought the “dig for England” food growing incentive and handing in unused pots and pans and sacrificing iron railings etc for the war effort. Can you imagine the younger generation doing that. No chance. JMO

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well i've been waiting 2 weeks for it but finally someone is speaking the truth even if it is Merkel who expects 70% of Germany's citizens to get infected .

When Governments the world over say don't panic there can be no doubt at all there is something to worry about afoot .

they are scared & have no confidence is the bunch of selfish clowns who run the country.Decades of the everyone for themselves , "theres no such thing as society" mentality is coming home to roost.

You have 100% got it right. I was housed by my parents but I was raised by my street.
Les from over the road took me to hospital in his green Ford Capri when I was knocked down by a car, (he whined about the blood stain on the seat for about 5 years). When my Mum was hospitalised and my dad had to work we were all assigned a foster family in the street. The elderly ladies, Mrs. Sowerby, Mrs Porrit & Mrs Varley took in a kid each and never grumbled once in 3 months. I don't even think they took a penny as payment and I was stuffed full of toffee and sent to school like I was I was Mrs Sowerby's own flesh and blood. She even used give me a bloody kiss before I went (Yuck). I despair sometimes at what "Society" has become.

Political correctness and forced legally binding tolerance removed the right to be human , how sad is it that a killer virus finally gives them a problem they can't profit from and so it actually promotes a community spirit that the EU has worked continuously to rid us off .

My mother and her mother in law hated each other but mum often repeated the story of a long distance lorry driver knocking on my grandmothers door late at night asking if there were any hotels around (this is Mosley on the Lancs/Yorkshire border) , she cooked him a meal , gave him a blanket and said goodnight . He was gone in the morning but she got flowers and a thank you note a few days later .

Mum liked her for that if only that :lol:

Modern Society isolates people and the Community Spirit suffers. A lot of it comes, I suspect, from advertising where we are encouraged to out-smart our peer group and become a 'more successful' individual through the products on offer. Competition is all very well but there are times when it has to be put aside.

I live on a farm where there are 12 houses. We all know everyone and look out for each other. No-one has been infected or taken to self-isolation yet, but if someone is, they will get support.

Being over 70 I guess I have a more rose-tinted memory of the spirit that was in Britain in the early 50's.

Will 'Herd immunity' work, I wonder (which is why the advice is all a bit vague at the moment) ?

Bob.

Herd immunity is deliberately vague i think because they can't say they need the right people , which is to say people with an as yet unknown natural/hereditary resistance , to get infected and be identified so the cell process can be replicated .

I remember reading one such clan somewhere in Europe suffered not one death during the black plague era due to some fluke of genetics . I was reminded of it 8 years ago when the mrs nephew and his wife gave birth to a severely disabled boy and doctors were baffled repeatedly returning to "you must blood relations to your wife"

Eventually it was discovered each parent was the carrier of one particular and very rare gene which in itself is harmless but not when both passed it on to the child . It made me wonder if both had descendants that caught and survived plague ?

I also read far to many years ago to remember when that something along the lines of our immunity to a vast count of disease can only have come about through cannibalism among our ancient ancestors .

True or false i don't know i'd read anything and everything i found when i was a kid to escape reality for a little while .

I think many people will be using toilet paper as disposable tissue for sneezes and general nose blowing etc, easily flushed away unlike handkerchief tissue.
Many “old” people will remember war rationing and the community spirit that brought the “dig for England” food growing incentive and handing in unused pots and pans and sacrificing iron railings etc for the war effort. Can you imagine the younger generation doing that. No chance. JMO
Assholes round this way have brought all the baby milk powder and offering it on local selling sites at 3 times it's cost. Went for a few bits today milk tea bags and so forth. Never seen such hysteria over a bit of non existent bog roll. People litterally screaming at shop workers like its there fault. People have gone mad.

I'm coming back from Zimbabwe at the weekend, I got a case full of bog roll.. no shortage here. And that's not something we've been able to say about Zim for a long time...

Time to get my bugout bag and head for the hills, away from this madness of grabbers that is called a civilised society ? I am fortunate to have skills for doing just that and cut myself off completely, easier with spring/summer just around the corner, and I dont mean just 'camping'. Mrs not having it though.
Extreme if it comes to it ? And if I don't give the location, would that be selfish ?

Its a good way to get away from the madness you mention I suppose. In places like Alaska, Canada, Russia etc its relatively easy. In our small overcrowded Island its much more difficult.

Political correctness and forced legally binding tolerance removed the right to be human , how sad is it that a killer virus finally gives them a problem they can't profit from and so it actually promotes a community spirit that the EU has worked continuously to rid us off .

My mother and her mother in law hated each other but mum often repeated the story of a long distance lorry driver knocking on my grandmothers door late at night asking if there were any hotels around (this is Mosley on the Lancs/Yorkshire border) , she cooked him a meal , gave him a blanket and said goodnight . He was gone in the morning but she got flowers and a thank you note a few days later .

Mum liked her for that if only that :lol:
I always considered my self to be helpful to all, Years ago if someone had broken down in their motor i would be the first to stop and help if i could, I would never drive past a stranded motorist, But like i said that was a few years ago,..... Something, i dont know what, Has made me mistrust People, I just find most people selfish.. Now i just keep myself to myself... Sod 'em'...Why Has this country changed so much... Im sure there are many answers.....There are some good people but they are becoming the Minority...JMO..

I hear you Higgy

A few months back i see two kids maybe about 10 years old walking up the opposite side of a fast road marked no stopping no walking , back to the traffic with no pavements .

All the way down the road around the roundabout and on my way back up intending to stop traffic and tell them to get in i was thinking i'm gonna get arrested for this , traffic offences were the least of my worries .

They were gone so i can only guess there's a hidden gap somewhere in the roadside foliage so thankfully i never got to find out what i would have been arrested for , but what else was i gonna do , check newspapers tomorrow to see if anyone died on that road .

The kids would probably tell you to fuck off, Call you a Pervert, Then you'd be up for attempted abduction Shayne.....:lol:... Im just generalising, The kids round here would just beat you up..

Back