Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sound Proofing & clips

Mojo

Country Flag
hong_kong
Had a couple of days to kill, so decided to sound proof the 80 once and for all, mainly the flooring, rear side panels and doors.
Stripping the interior fairly was straight forward and amazed by the show room finish under the carpet. No major rust or gaping holes to fill. Just the odd screw holes where the rear tyre mount needed to be treated.
20200119_151533.jpg

Then I covered in Dodo Matt - about 5 sqm. Shitty job, esp the rear wheel arches.
20200122_161309.jpg

Removing the panels, and a few of the plastic clips broke, so those of you who need to order as well, part numbers listed below.

White 90467-10161
Red 67771-12050
Yellow 67921-95501
Brown 90467-04020-EO (these are for the rear second carpet steps. EO is brown colour)

Vehicleclips UK make them, but they only have white & red in stock (FCP 0362 & FCP 0379 from website).

Now to switch on the engine and see if its made a difference....

good timing Mojo.
I am just looking at doing the same.
is dodo mat the result of deep research :) or just one of many good brands for this?
cheers

is dodo mat the result of deep research :) or just one of many good brands for this?

TBH..had the reviews on the web. If it performs by reducing the decibels a few notches, then great. But all the brands are probably similar..just get the quantity right including roof. Engine bay I used different thicker material.

Back