Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spanish members......

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
Currently on holiday in Andalusia (about 25k South of Granada) in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada - my first visit to this beautiful part of the world. Unfortunately not in my truck though (but a poxy rental Fiat!)

I know we have a few members from or based in Spain. Anyone in this part? Very envious if you are

It's what they gave me - a brand new (3k km on the clock) Fiat Tipo station wagon. Only a 1.3TD engine and totally gutless, to the point of dangerous below 2k rpm but once you've got it spinning, surprisingly torquey and very very frugal - getting 70+mpg over the last 500km brim to brim on a mix of mountain roads and A roads.

A Fiat Tipo 'Eh'! Its the future... Is that what Jacobs recently bought?

Doblo, thank you very much! Got my eyes on a Ducato next. I can see a Fiat appreciation thread coming.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,
We are not that far from Granada in Ugijar which in the eastern end of the Alpajarra valley and that is the long valley on the south side of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Ugijar is the smallest city in Spain and we live in the old part and the streets are very narrow... but we have bars, banks, shops, etc..
If you fancy a trip out, you be welcome although you'd have to forgive the mess as we are currently re-modelling our kitchen.
If so, you could use A92 (Almeria) - where it splits at Guadix stay on the A92S and off at La Calahorra - left in village dirn Puerto de la Ragua which is a 2000 metre pass. Down the other side to Cherin - turn tight at the T junction and then 7 kms into Ugijar. There is a different route to return so you would see some fabulous scenery and it would give the Fiat a workout.
If you wish to visit us, let us know and I'll pm my phone number.

DSCF1784.JPG

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks for the kind offer Rodger - though I wouldn't like to disrupt your plans and any ongoing works.

We are based in Albunuelas, a small town/village, East of the A-44, roughly midway between Motril and Granada. (So I've got to know all about narrow streets!! )

Stunning scenery and views wherever you look!

"to disrupt your plans and any ongoing works"

And there I was looking for any excuse to have a day off.

Being retired we don't really do plans, we usually just see what the day feels like each morning. But we had to delay our holiday and have been thinking about a day out to Trevelez (Andalucia's highest village) as we have never bean there, if you fancy that.

No matter if you don't. No doubt, we'll have a 'Trevelez feeling' day soon.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards,

Rodger

Back