Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Speeding in France.

frank rabbets

Guru
IMG_3081.JPG

Poor drivers in France. These things are mobile and everywhere. Sometimes there are warnings. This one had none. I got flashed by one with a warning that I did not see. It was not as visible as this one though. 90kph in a 70kph. Will I get a ticket?

I expect you will get a ticket. A couple of years ago when travelling through France we got a flash. Several months later the ticket arrived for 97kph in a 90 zone.
We were quite chuffed - getting a speeding ticket in a 40! Actually we were lucky as we were late for our ferry to the UK so were pushing and were surprised that we didn't get caught for a higher speed.

Rodger

They have unmarked cars, operated by a private firm driving around taking photo's of speeding motorists. From front and behind! They are in Normandy but will be rolled out across all of France in the next couple of years. Just when they are dropping the national speed limit from 90 to 80 kph! It's going to cost me a fortune!

A camera flashed at me last year, in June near Calais, but so far no speeding ticket in the post

I was flashed a total of 5 times on the last round trip to UK with my 95 - the cameras are set for HGV's in places and due to the height of the truck they thought we were a truck :) - no tickets either

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back