Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SRS warning light flashing

Rich L

Country Flag
united_states
My 2000 Land Cruiser’s SRS warnign light stays on and flashing, for several weeks already. I finally got a scanner and the DTC is B0136 - Open in P/T Squib (LH) Circuit, indicating passenger side seat belt retensioner has an open circuit. The connectors are under the seat and hard to get to. Do I need to remove the seat to fix the problem? It could be as simple as a loose connection. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

My 2000 Land Cruiser’s SRS warnign light stays on and flashing, for several weeks already. I finally got a scanner and the DTC is B0136 - Open in P/T Squib (LH) Circuit, indicating passenger side seat belt retensioner has an open circuit. The connectors are under the seat and hard to get to. Do I need to remove the seat to fix the problem? It could be as simple as a loose connection. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for the link to that tread. I am confused as why it said it is the driver side pretensioner when my research says it is the passenger side.

....confused as why it said it is the driver side pretensioner when my research says it is the passenger side.
Let's see, according to your flag, you have a US truck, although this is a UK-based forum, and the mud thread is from a US based contributor, should be the same terms then. Strange. Nother thing is the setting of the code reader, will it convert the code to passenger side or drivers side depending on which country you choose? Best to use only LHS and RHS, and specify LHD or RHD, and get rid of all terms like "Drivers/Pass. Side" (US) and "Near/Other Side" (UK). (And what do they say in AU?)
PS: Port side and Starboard would be perfect tho'.
PS2: Not much help, but I like to ramble.

Let's see, according to your flag, you have a US truck, although this is a UK-based forum, and the mud thread is from a US based contributor, should be the same terms then. Strange. Nother thing is the setting of the code reader, will it convert the code to passenger side or drivers side depending on which country you choose? Best to use only LHS and RHS, and specify LHD or RHD, and get rid of all terms like "Drivers/Pass. Side" (US) and "Near/Other Side" (UK). (And what do they say in AU?)
PS: Port side and Starboard would be perfect tho'.
PS2: Not much help, but I like to ramble.
Yes I am in the US so passenger seat is on the right with its seat belt pretensioner on the left side of the seat (LH-left hand side). So my trouble code should indicate passenger side pretensioner circuit error. Thanks.

Back