Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stainless exhaust

I did think of running it inside the chassis and stop in front of the rear axle. The way it is on a transit....

I'm pretty sure there's some photos on here Stu of someone, maybe Nick(?) having theirs fitted at prospeed with it looping down and under from the box and out the side.

Rich it's certainly not mine.

The one I have is a cobble that was only for mot and has stayed since.

I am looking to refit soon

I'm pretty sure there's some photos on here Stu of someone, maybe Nick(?) having theirs fitted at prospeed with it looping down and under from the box and out the side.
I wasn't going to say anything after the last time as Mr bat21 wasn't happy with his.
I'm still happy with mine, it's not been bashed yet and i do like to "Have a go" the only thing thats happened to it was coming back from romania ALL the hangers sheared off at sometime, must be the vibrations. This was fixed for free and new thicker hangers were used.

What was the problem you had with Prospeed Paul....
From the moment I arrived there I had a feeling it wasn't going to go right.

I had already spoke to Charlie at length on the phone about where I wanted it routing, I didn't want it to run inside the chassis rails due to the additional heat it may have of transferred to the auto box, most of my 80's use is in Morocco where heat is already an issue.

It was booked in for 09:00 and when I arrived Charlie was still trying to convince me to run it where I didn't want it running. I wanted it running pretty much where the original one ran but instead of exiting out the back, I wanted a simple turn out to the side.

After much huffing and puffing from Charlie he asked one of his lads to measure up, this was while Charlie walked off to answer the phone.

To cut out the boring stuff, basically the young lad made the silencer wrong and ended up bodging the whole thing to fit.

Other fekups along the way, they lost a bolt from where the front down pipe bolts to the bell housing, they cut away one of the brackets that hold on the side step. The whole system they made was supported by just one bracket from manifold to tail pipe. The one bracket they did use was welded on to the chassis, what they should have done is fabricate a mount to fix the bracket to. The way they have done it means when the bracket needs replacing it will need cutting off and the new one re-welding.

If I had seen them doing this I would have certainly let them know at the time..... but, I was given the keys to a very rough old Audi and told "there's a McDonalds up the road, you can wait there".... 7 hours in a Maccy D'ds car park is soul destroying.

Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe from the name I was expecting a Professional job and not one I had to have completed by someone else.

The experience was so bad that even if they offered to put it right there is no way I would allow them anywhere near my 80 again.... needless to say I won't be singing their praise either.

From the moment I arrived there I had a feeling it wasn't going to go right.

I had already spoke to Charlie at length on the phone about where I wanted it routing, I didn't want it to run inside the chassis rails due to the additional heat it may have of transferred to the auto box, most of my 80's use is in Morocco where heat is already an issue.

It was booked in for 09:00 and when I arrived Charlie was still trying to convince me to run it where I didn't want it running. I wanted it running pretty much where the original one ran but instead of exiting out the back, I wanted a simple turn out to the side.

After much huffing and puffing from Charlie he asked one of his lads to measure up, this was while Charlie walked off to answer the phone.

To cut out the boring stuff, basically the young lad made the silencer wrong and ended up bodging the whole thing to fit.

Other fekups along the way, they lost a bolt from where the front down pipe bolts to the bell housing, they cut away one of the brackets that hold on the side step. The whole system they made was supported by just one bracket from manifold to tail pipe. The one bracket they did use was welded on to the chassis, what they should have done is fabricate a mount to fix the bracket to. The way they have done it means when the bracket needs replacing it will need cutting off and the new one re-welding.

If I had seen them doing this I would have certainly let them know at the time..... but, I was given the keys to a very rough old Audi and told "there's a McDonalds up the road, you can wait there".... 7 hours in a Maccy D'ds car park is soul destroying.

Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe from the name I was expecting a Professional job and not one I had to have completed by someone else.

The experience was so bad that even if they offered to put it right there is no way I would allow them anywhere near my 80 again.... needless to say I won't be singing their praise either.
That certainly sounds like a good reason for no recommendation, in Charlies defence that was nothing like the attention I, and I think others had, maybe he was having a bad day but that is no excuse for delivering bad service. After hearing this story I may have to have second thoughts about using him again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do I remember someone in another thread recommending CSK up near York? Only a couple of miles from my mums place so would be convenient for me and his work looks excellent.

He made the downpipes on mine to join upto the rest of my stainless system.
I run a petrol btw

I know a few people who've had work done by him and it's always spot on.

[QUOTE="Analogue man, post: 1466314, member: 11299"
sell my Cybox stainless system which is currently on the truck
[/QUOTE]
interested - if still available - can you send me some photos

Guys and gals,

Looking to remove the rear box to make room for a larger water tank and gas tank, with the exhaust being routed out the side in front of the wheel similar to TowPacks. The front box is fairly far back so looks like a simple case of making a flange to fit the existing system with a small elbow on it (albiet i'm no expert)

I'm off to see a guy next week. What sort of price (very roughly) should I be looking at? Any ideas?

N

N,
Any update on your tanks and exhaust work?

Back