Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stalling issues....

I think that’s a smart move at this stage. My gut feeling is that it’s fuel related, this doesn’t rule out injection pump or SCVs as im pretty sure I’ve seen these symptoms described before relating to SCVs or whatever drives them.

I think that’s a smart move at this stage. My gut feeling is that it’s fuel related, this doesn’t rule out injection pump or SCVs as im pretty sure I’ve seen these symptoms described before relating to SCVs or whatever drives them.
Was it that thread where we kept telling him to by pass the fuel filter. And take it straight from a Can, to eliminate fuel line /filter issues....:shock:

Ok. Update.
Drove Thomas (Wife’s nickname as she thinks it’s a tank) to the garage. No issues. Garage have had the car for 2 days. Changed in tank filter. A little debris but nothing too bad. They have taken it out on numerous test drives with diagnostics plugged in and no codes sent. No stalling.
They have looked over the IP connector and no issues. They have also checked over inlet manifold (will find out tomorrow more on any cleaning on this). Starting to think it’s my driving:blush:, but I will see when I get it back tomorrow.

Whilst it was in I also got them to fit my snorkel kit. ( first mod and a big grin:)), I could have done it but gives me a free day at the weekend to start installing some custom drawers in the back.

So all in all not sure if I have gotten to the bottom of this. Will drive it for a bit and see. Gives me chance to see if the auto box is playing up or not.

Open to other ideas of where to look.

The auto boxes are (I understand) bomb proof. Yes there was a known TC bush failure which others know more about than I do I would park the auto box for a bit and drive it as you’ve suggested. It won’t do it for the garage. Mechanical items know when they have people in the know in attendance and start to be on their best behaviour. The opposite happens when they sense their owners have something important to do, like get to a wedding or the airport for instance.

Seriously it’s good to find a smoking gun that you can categorically say ‘that’s it’ that’s what caused it so you can move on.

Ok. Update.
Drove Thomas (Wife’s nickname as she thinks it’s a tank) to the garage. No issues. Garage have had the car for 2 days. Changed in tank filter. A little debris but nothing too bad. They have taken it out on numerous test drives with diagnostics plugged in and no codes sent. No stalling.
They have looked over the IP connector and no issues. They have also checked over inlet manifold (will find out tomorrow more on any cleaning on this). Starting to think it’s my driving:blush:, but I will see when I get it back tomorrow.

Whilst it was in I also got them to fit my snorkel kit. ( first mod and a big grin:)), I could have done it but gives me a free day at the weekend to start installing some custom drawers in the back.

So all in all not sure if I have gotten to the bottom of this. Will drive it for a bit and see. Gives me chance to see if the auto box is playing up or not.

Open to other ideas of where to look.

Out of interest : did the garage keep your car inside overnight and start it from inside (warm)?

My 100 has issue when it is cold, having been left outside all night. On first start it starts easily, then at almost exactly the same #seconds later it will hiccup - I'm fairly sure it is fuel related as I've checked the filter in the engine and you can prime it manually and it keeps priming until the button hardens up. So i'm thinking that it doesn't get the required fuel straight away from the tank and uses up what is in the pump (10-15seconds) then is starved so obviously stalls. It then takes 4-5s of cranking before it will start again (hence dead battery yesterday but that's another story). After that it is fine and doesn't have the issue.

However, when cold, IF I give the keep the revs up to between 1500-2000rpm by giving it gas on/offyou can feel it have the "fluffy" moment but then will pass and it will be fine, but you have to be going nearly full throttle then lift and repeat or it will stall again.

Does any of that make sense to anyone or am I just rambling?

Any smoke out the back, if so what colour?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No smoke noticed. A bit of white/clear condensation as to be expected when colder. It’s a good thought about over night storage. I think they kept it inside to prevent theft or damage over night.

I’ve bought a new ODB reader which I will plug in and “record” activity.

I pick it up in a bit so will see......

‘Techstream’ is what the guys on here use for the hundees. Works with a laptop I believe.

I’d already bought something. So drove home with no issues went out for a bit today with no issues..... will go out for a longer journey this weekend and see how she gets on. Thanks for all your help.

Ok. Took “Thomas” out for a drive today and......

Cold starting issues. Started first time ran for a few seconds then stopped. No codes. Took a few attempts to restart. Once restarted ran fine, no juddering coming to stops or coasting into junctions.

So, I just need to keep her under a blanket, unless you all have any other ideas?

In the morning, try pumping the primer on top of the fuel filter until it’s hard then see if things are different. You may have a tiny hole in a fuel line letting air in creating a bit of fuel starvation when left overnight.

Ok. Took “Thomas” out for a drive today and......

Cold starting issues. Started first time ran for a few seconds then stopped. No codes. Took a few attempts to restart. Once restarted ran fine, no juddering coming to stops or coasting into junctions.

So, I just need to keep her under a blanket, unless you all have any other ideas?

Sounds very similar to what I have. I have taken to leaving it idle for 5 seconds then blipping the throttle for the next 5-10s until it is passed when it would normally do it, after then no issues. Not the ideal situation but points to something fuel/air fuel related. When I checked the filter the last time it did it I could prime it like it wasn't full, I've not checked feed in/out yet to see which at which point the issue happens but its like it switches modes, then has no fuel. Bit frustrating.

In the morning, try pumping the primer on top of the fuel filter until it’s hard then see if things are different. You may have a tiny hole in a fuel line letting air in creating a bit of fuel starvation when left overnight.
Yeah I will try this..... if it is a fuel leak, any ideas how to locate it.

They usually show themselves as a damp patch on one of the fuel lines. You could try putting a bit of pressure in the tank via the filler. Not easy but can be basically effected with hose and stuffing a rag well in the filler neck. Can be tricky but is mostly down to observation and just looking for a damp patch and sniffing for fuel. Another way is to temporarily bypass the fuel line with a length of flexi and see if there’s any improvement. Sometimes it can be on the return, on the diaphragm in the primer, on either O ring in the fuel filter, top of tank pickup, running from a can can eliminate any of this if it still has the problem (or not).

Back