Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starting and then stalling

chewy

I've got a '05 lc3 120 series, it has the 3.0 d4d engine. Today the landcruiser would not idle, I had this happen once last year. It fires up but just stalls no matter how many times I try. It starts again by using easy start aerosol. Anyone had similar problems before?
TIA

Does it run ok once started?.... Its been said on another post but try priming the black plunger on top of the fuel filter housing.. It should go hard/ feel pressure after about 8/10 pumps ... then try it ...Easy start is never the best cure.. Could be a number of things... Check fuel lines for leaks or signs of fuel dripping It doesnt need much of a seep to make things go tits up...Have you changed fuel filter recently etc etc.... Reminds me, I must sell my 120...

Does it run ok once started?.... Its been said on another post but try priming the black plunger on top of the fuel filter housing.. It should go hard/ feel pressure after about 8/10 pumps ... then try it ...Easy start is never the best cure.. Could be a number of things... Check fuel lines for leaks or signs of fuel dripping It doesnt need much of a seep to make things go tits up...Have you changed fuel filter recently etc etc.... Reminds me, I must sell my 120...
It runs fine once started with easy start, idles fine. It has been idling rough when in drive with foot on brake, like the engines hunting for a while, it's started to happen when in neutral recently too. Due a fuel filter change, so I'll do that over the weekend. I'll also try priming next time it happens. It's fine now, just happened a couple of times this week.

I guess the batteries are in good state?

Back