toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
dont like the look of any rear steel bumpers for my 80

decided to go for some decent steel corners instead

Asfir make some,look ok on pics but very expensive-850 euros

any others out there?

cheers

This is the route that I want to take with my 81. There was a fella on here who had some made and I think it was @mettisse ?? If so then they looked a good solution.

If you can find a person with a 3d scanner, then it would be easy to scan, design and have laser cut- weld yourself kit's made up. An idea!

This is the route that I want to take with my 81. There was a fella on here who had some made and I think it was @mettisse ?? If so then they looked a good solution.

If you can find a person with a 3d scanner, then it would be easy to scan, design and have laser cut- weld yourself kit's made up. An idea!

Yep, my pal made these, ( see pics) all fabricated , very strong. My pal is not interested in producing any more ( shame) and the winch is tucked in tight and ready to do ( the business) , ( 1200 lb champion x 12 volt + dyneema on the front ( for “ just in case” ) winches give a driver confidence which is a good thing, I’m very happy with the finished result

4710949E-94B4-4C34-8F36-7A790F185291.jpeg 7FC90CB8-D097-4570-BEE2-909741B58629.jpeg

My kaymar rear bumper has steel corners that look near standard. Might be available separately and made to fit without the kaymar centre section?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It is from China I am thinking to get one how about I let you know the quality after I fit it on . The seller tell me it does not include the postage which is £ 280 pounds but I have to wait for 1 months

I've often wondered how to bend heavy steel for rounded home made bumper corners and just found this which might be a project for anyone with the time and inclination .

The Frog's Island one was all steel but nothing more than a bumper. I made one into a wheel carrier. I still have another one in storage for a rainy day. I know Julian had them at one point. Neat, elegant and strong. Really just a replica made in one piece.

Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 17.16.52.jpg

Back