Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering bar.

martin

Hi Guys

Got my self into a spot of bother last weekend and ended up snapping the steering bar on my 70 series.
I couldn't be more desperate for it, as i had to get recovered home with it still covered in mud and i'm sure you understand it dose not look good on my drive in this mess.
I have orderd one from Australia but its looking like its going to take 10 days to get hear.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has one then i have money waiting for you.

Cheers in advance Martin

You need to speak to Karl Webster Martin - have a look in recommended sellers section :icon-cool:

Hi Gav, cheers for the reply, I have already messaged him, he is going to look over the weekend.
Hears how it looks this morning.
8B96665C-8D20-4332-8E22-97225D3459FE-930-0000017B82F73D49_zps18a50466.jpg

526D188B-F4F7-4CB0-B141-A5088FD58E01-930-0000017B883CBCFA_zps335db441.jpg

Now all sorted, there's a guy that's local that has 2 of them, he wasn't keen at all at the thought if me removing the steering bar, he said he wanted to keep them both drive-able. Ended up welding my old broken one up with some tube so his can still be moved.
But very very happy to get mine clean and off the middle of the drive way where the recovery truck left it.

D4102D5F-8088-4CED-9900-D9225ABE904E-913-00000204F7AB7184_zps553f0e7e.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad you go it sorted. :thumbup:

Am I right in thinking the one that snapped was a modified one?

It looks like it snapped right on the edge of where it would have been welded. I'm wondering if the welding/heat caused it to snap?

I used to bend them but I never snapped one, and since modifying one like on the "how to" below I've had no issues. :icon-biggrin:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/entry.php/6-70-Series-Strengthened-Steering-Bar

Hi Ben,
Yes your right in saying that i had modifed the one that snapped, but it was always the wrong lenth, as both track rod ends was only scrued in half way. Now its the right lenth so like yours i should never have an issue again. Would you belive it, after having such truble getting a steering bar at 1st i now have 2 when the one from austrilia turns up. I may keep as a spair just in case or keep for another 70 series guy as Toyota do not sell them.

Glad you go it sorted. :thumbup:

Am I right in thinking the one that snapped was a modified one?

It looks like it snapped right on the edge of where it would have been welded. I'm wondering if the welding/heat caused it to snap?

I used to bend them but I never snapped one, and since modifying one like on the "how to" below I've had no issues. :icon-biggrin:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/entry.php/6-70-Series-Strengthened-Steering-Bar

Good to see its still getting well used Martin ! :thumbup: Wish I could find a front panel for one of these old 70s need one for an other project im doing. :think:

Hi Shaun, would you like the local guys number? He may sell you the front panel from the gray one in the picture.

Hi sorry for the delay, yes if you could forward me the number that would be great thanks Martin !

Back