Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering wheel Cover

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Can anyone recommend one for an 80, There's only so much you can do with electrical Tape... Seen a few on ebay.. But they all look much the same... If anyone's fitted one and Happy with it..... A new steering wheel wouldn't go a miss to be honest.....

The diesel 80 I got a few months ago had a sort of clip on fake wood cover on it and it was horrid and now in the bin

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TBH I've had 3 steering wheels re covered by Mr K W. One was for my Collie and 2 for 24V 80's. All of them were in original colour in a natural ( Matt) finish. If and when I have another done I may consider black and a shinier ( like original) finish, or original colour but original finish.
Just a thought Higgy, if I remember right if its for your early one you can have it covered thicker, like a later one.

Theres nothing like having a new wheel, it transforms the look of the interior and enhances the driving experience no end.

Yep I can sort it if you wanted one.

The covers are shite. JMO. I tried them before i bit the bullet and just went for a proper job.

I had one of those on the 80 ( in the photo) when I got it but it was lumpy and bumpy but better than what was underneath. Depends what you're satisfied with I suppose.

The one on the 12v is really good, The 24v is 'Shite' Thanks for the offer Karl, iv seen a Thread regarding your Steering wheels, (Somewhere), Impressive, But im after a quick fix at the Mo... The one Guy C mentions seems better than most iv seen on ebay..........Iv even thought of the tape you can get for recovering Squash rackets/Cricket bat handles.. That kind of thing..

Thing is, I'm Crap at sewing...... Look good tho

It's really not that bad, there's a video on youtube. It took me about half an hour to do the last one the first was more like 45mins. Fantastic improvement on my cruiser looks like a new wheel.

Back