Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stock Exhaust coupler flange

Bullet Proof

Country Flag
united_states
Has anyone had some of the stock style exhaust flanges with the groove cut in the center for the stock gasket made. Seems as in the US not one can be found. Looking for a set of 4 for a complete exhaust rebuild.

T2 exhaust.jpg

I wasn’t able to find any for the 80 series so used the flat ones that were available with a flat gasket and exhaust paste. Well, fire cement actually but it’s the same stuff. :)

Seems this is an Item that just can't be found anywhere. The flanges work much better that the flat type flange/gasket as in sealing. My old flanges are 35 years old and were barely still sealing, just rusted out due to time. Toyota made a good flange with the aid of the round donut gasket. Might end up just having a batch made up and offering some for sale.
Cheers

Seems this is an Item that just can't be found anywhere. The flanges work much better that the flat type flange/gasket as in sealing. My old flanges are 35 years old and were barely still sealing, just rusted out due to time. Toyota made a good flange with the aid of the round donut gasket. Might end up just having a batch made up and offering some for sale.
Cheers
You may be able to find them as 3 hole flat and have them turned for the cutout for the donut ring. I agree, it is a good system. Have you looked on eBay for the flat ones? I had no choice on the 80 as I was going up to 3” stainless and there was no room for or availability of donuts so I had no choice but to go for flat gaskets. I think the donuts are called spiral ring gaskets.

Yep literally a 5 minute job to turn those down on lathe. I think that having the groove in there means that you can't over-crush the gasket. ie it provides a pre-set crush depth - that is, as long as the the two halves of the flange still meet at the outer edges.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Found several sized generic three bolt type,s but yes with out the recess area and they all do not fit the size needed for some of the stock exhaust hangars on some of the Toyota (hole to hole). Also most all are very very thin, hence a $4 flange. The recess is 2mm deep on both sides of the two flanges and compress the crush ring giving a very even tight seal. I got word today that a company in the US that I sent a original flange to will be making a small run on theses flanges too Toyota specs for me. They will be for the 2" pipe and use the stock PN 90917-06024 gasket that is sold globally. I have been researching this for a while. It is funny that one can not find such a simple item in the big world, so now it needs to be remade. I will post the results when I receive the first prototype. Stainless steel is a other consideration other than mild steel.

Care needed when welding on not to warp them. Even with care and clamping to similar thickness steel mine warped. Next time it will need to be at least 1” thick steel to hold them. Not easy when there has to be a hole in the middle to accommodate the exhaust pipe.

Yes thickness is a must, the one's I am having made are 9.525mm. The universal types are much less in thickness and do tend to warp fast.

Hi have a look on Milner off road for the Exhausts gaskets I have a stock exhaust coupler flange of a hj60 .

Back