Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen Roof tent & Awning Reward

Program on last night about car theft and scanning keyless high end cars to fool them into thinking that the key was present. Seems the most secure was the Range rover. A "retired" car thief admitted the best deterrent was the "old technology" Disklok. They wouldn't bother trying to get it off just move onto the next one.

Andy, there’s a flaw in the Disklok design that people get around by welding a small plate over a hole somewhere. Have you heard about this? Emma’s cousin has done it and said he’d send me a photo of it.

Andy, there’s a flaw in the Disklok design that people get around by welding a small plate over a hole somewhere. Have you heard about this? Emma’s cousin has done it and said he’d send me a photo of it.
No haven’t heard that

E963F45C-B8A2-44CE-B6B2-190CA3C5B85B.jpeg

Here’s what he says: “Basically weld that square plate over a little hole that a punch can be tapped down to release the spring and undo the lock. Weld a plate on the reverse side as well. It will make it a lot more difficult and time consuming to remove. On the down side.....loose your keys and you’re f***d ! It would be fire brigade and jaws of life to get it off.”

Hi Guys, I hadn't seen this post. It was my gear that went missing. Thanks for your help spreading the word, both on here and on facebook.
No news yet but you never know.

Hi Guys, I hadn't seen this post. It was my gear that went missing. Thanks for your help spreading the word, both on here and on facebook.
No news yet but you never know.
Good luck mate, Hope you see it again... I was reading through the posts again and it reminded me when I was farming there were a spate of tractor thefts in our area and some big John Deers got nicked. They turned up in Australia, But the NFU were determined to make a point. and arranged for them to be shipped back and presented to the rightful owners... And pressed on to make sure the thieves were prosecuted... Hats off to the NFU... most other insurers wouldn't have bothered ...

View attachment 151330

Here’s what he says: “Basically weld that square plate over a little hole that a punch can be tapped down to release the spring and undo the lock. Weld a plate on the reverse side as well. It will make it a lot more difficult and time consuming to remove. On the down side.....loose your keys and you’re f***d ! It would be fire brigade and jaws of life to get it off.”

Good shout there Jacob, I'll be looking into this tomorrow. I put the DL on my 120 every night these days.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back