Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stupid question re 80 series lights

Dave_S

So... bear with me.

When the guys did the respray they had the front wings, etc, off.

When they came to reassemble apparently they had some issues with the wiring to the front lights, and basically have rewired some of the front end connections... and now when you indicate, the white corner (parking lights?) flash along with the indicators. I've not noticed whether they did this before TBH, but I assume not.

So a couple of questions...

1. When you turn on your "side lights" what lights up on your truck?

2. Any ideas as to what they might have done with the wiring before I dig into it (assume this is currently "wrong") - maybe jumped the side lights off the indicator wiring.

The lads doing the work on the truck do good body work, but I'm not convinced about their ability with mechanics/wiring!

If i remember correctly Dave just the side lights on mine, not had it for a while now though.

The ‘side light’ switch turns on the white front side and tail lights. The wiring feeding the front side lights and front indicators are very similar colours. Black/white and green/yellow stripe for the indicators and black/white and green for the sidelights although the plugs are different. Sounds like they might have ‘lost’ the plug and wiring for the sidelights and just spliced them into the indicator circuit.

Thanks guys - that's what I thought. Bloody irritating, I'm going to have a look over the weekend and see what they've done. In theory I should throw it back to them to fix, but given the balls up in the first place I'm reluctant to let them anywhere near the wiring again.

Did you have a white light that illuminates the turn and does not flash? Mine being an 81 has this feature, not sure if it’s a cruiser thing or a JDM thing? Anyway, just a thought in case they’ve muddled these up.

No SC - I think they just screwed up the wiring as Towpack described. Got a mate who is a proper automotive engineer popping over to see me tomorrow to work it through. Thanks for the thought though, appreciate it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
mine has a blinker on the fender (check pic under snorkel)...so when a turn signal it lights up rear, front above bumper and side fender...the white lights up when I turn on parking lights or driving lights all together

Back