Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suction Control Valve Removal

There is a good youtube tutorial on changing one over to the new longer type by Fourby4diesel , would be easy to put the spacer wrong way round without watching Ants video on fourby4diesel .

Ordered from PF Jones, superb service and quick delivery. Arrived today and at £80 I can't complain

IMG_20210106_175205__01.jpg

Will fit it in the weekend...

Well that was interesting. I replaced the SCV, and it's now worse. Just sitting there idling it now this a P1229 and occasionally a P0088 error code. I'll need to contact PF Jones and confirm they have sent me the correct one. I'm so irritated I just packed it all away. Will put the old one back in tomorrow.

Just FYI, here's the one I got from RoughTrax and haven't fitted yet.

P0088 is fuel pressure high
P1229 is spill control circuit malfunction

Just stating the obvious here but are you certain theres a good connection on the back of the SCV and the wiring is OK?

Attachments

• 20210109_150501.jpg
    20210109_150501.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210109_150453.jpg
    20210109_150453.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210109_150527.jpg
    20210109_150527.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30
Sorry you've had that sh/t Tony, to replace an item with new and find it worse, is more than irritating mate,
Then it's compounded by having to do the job again, Grrrr...
I would try Karl's solution first, as easiest option without any further dismantling, apart from that, as you said it can only be the wrong one, there's nothing else to it. Good luck with sorting it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The part looks the same but it is not OEM, so came in a brown box. Was half the price, but it should still work, just perhaps longevity being questioned.

Wiring seems fine, but I'll double check it before removing it. Good thing is I should be able to change it out in about 10mins now....

I have the same part as you Tony and have not fitted it yet , PF Jones claim that the part is genuine Denso , I shall fit mine with in the next few days and see what its like ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony I have looked at the part number on mine and it is 04226-0L010 and is for the euro 4 spec , it differs from your scv in your pic by mine having a top cover on the valve like the one Ants on his video in which he clipped on , but mine is already clipped on like Karl has shown in his pic , you need to find out if the part you need is right for your 120 for example is your 120 euro 3 or euro 4 spec as that will make a big difference and hence the P codes .

Good spot Tony, the part number supplied is 04226-0L020, so different to yours. How do I know if my 120 is euro 3 or 4. I did send them my reg and asked which is the correct part and they said the one I got. Hmm

Tony the pic of your scv has a different valve head to that of the pic on PFJones online pic with a spacer , the one you have in your pic is missing the cover that fits over the valve for the 120 models . looks like PFJones could have sent you the wrong scv due to you needing Euro 3 or needing Euro 4 or the scv is missing the valve head cover that fits the 120 , if you can find out what euro spec your 120 is it will help when talking to PFJones ,

I dont remember how I found out mine was Euro 4 , I dont know if it was on the UK log book maybe or some other paperwork , but I remember seeing it some where could be when I put the VIN number on a part site ,

Just checked and they sent me the euro 4 version. I told them I needed the part to match 04226-30010, which is the same as Karl's one, so they gave me the wrong one to order. I'll call them on Monday and get the correct one sent. Will be interesting to see if they will give me a refund for this one seeing as I have used it....

the strange thing is your scv is missing the metal cover that fits over the top of the valve , like Karl has and I have on our scv ,

My view: You relied on their expertise supplying the parts, so they have no choice but to take it back because it was their mistake. Lucky you aint charging them for the fitting time!

What year is your car? Mine is 2006, but its just before the engine upgrade, so has 122kw / 166bhp which I think makes it the Euro 3.

AFAIK the 127kw / 172 bhp introduced in 2006 is Euro 4.

That sound right?

I think all Tony needs for the scv that he has to work properly is the metal cover that 120s need so that to convert to the longer replacement scv .

Found a checker here that uses the reg
So my 120 is Euro3

Back