Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suction Control Valve Removal

My view: You relied on their expertise supplying the parts, so they have no choice but to take it back because it was their mistake. Lucky you aint charging them for the fitting time!
Well PF Jones are disputing this and insisting it's my fault as I suggested I needed part number 04226-30010, which on their website is listed against the Euro 4 spec part. I may need to dispute this with the CC company. I've sent them a stronger email.... Can't see me having my 120 getting fixed anytime soon....

Hmm. But what you got, clearly isnt an equivalent to 04226-30010, because it doesnt have the collar on the valve head? So you asked them for one thing, and they gave you something else?

Most companies try it on so I'm not surprised, but it doesnt sound right to me.

Yup and I sent them a link to the item on the Roughtrax website clearly showing the correct part... Let's see what the response is

Tony as far as I know the scv for your 120 is the same as mine , what is missing to your scv package that fits a lc120 is the top valve cover , these scv fit quite a few makes like Mitsubishi , Mazda , Nissan etc , Denso makes these scv which is basically the same scv , its just that 120s need that top valve cover fitted on that scv to work on the 120 , I would tell pfjones to do their homework on the right part that fits 120s 2004 on and send you one prompt .

Well I think I am talking to the admin team who don't understand the parts and differences.

I am even willing to use just the cap but if they send me the right one, so that they don't incur a big loss here, but right now I'm getting a "the computer says no"

I may do a search just for the cap, but that won't be easy to find...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfortunately Tony, that's how a lot of companies operate, employing phone answerers that know nothing of the products they sell, and if it aint on their script, the answers no.
If they were to supply you with just the cap, it's as good as admitting they were wrong, and if they took a cap off another valve, it would leave it unsellable without cap.
They should do the decent thing, and actually do that. That way they do not end up with the 'used' valve you have, back and not able to sell cos it's 'second hand'. They are better placed to source a replacement cap, and keep a satisfied customer. Keep pushing mate, and talk to Trading Standards, who are very helpful.
That's assuming they are working in these times. Good luck.

That's their big loss mate, not just from you, but others who read this, including me.
I dare say they have lots of satisfied customers with fulfilled orders, but the ones that go unsatisfied, are the ones that get them a bad name and matter more IMHO, whatever the company, especially when right from the start, they are not interested in a satisfactory resolution.
Too late now in this case, and maybe a bit more expensive, but both Milners and Roughtrax, I personally have found, have excellent customer services, with the ladies easily equalling the men with their knowledge, parts and willingness to give information.
How about contacting Denso direct, for a cap. They may send you one foc, when they hear how one of their distributors has acted ?

Last edited:
Totally agree, and doing a search on ebay, I can find the part with the cap for $45 delivered, and whilst I am not a fan of buying this kind of item from ebay, if I have to I'd buy this just for the cap piece:

Nxt email I will mention both this thread and the fact that they have lost £1k worth of spend from me, and then if no joy, I will go to my CC company and dispute the transaction. Ultimately it costs me nothing but time, and will incur them time and also costs as I lay a claim for my money back. They are not helping themselves here, and yes only £80, but why should I have to bear the costs for their mistake......

Totall agree Tony. As well as any loss of future goodwill or revenue, every time they answer or argue with you that is costing them time and money, paid in wages to someone. For the sake of that £80, they might just as well replace/refund.
That is an option what you have found, to cut your losses as such. I did a quick search and couldn't find just the cap, obviously something never needed on its own.
As Karl said you didn't get what you wanted, despite that part number cross referencing, and if in the unlikely event you do not get any joy with them, they will ultimately lose more in reputation and sales.
Short sighted, false economy and shot in the foot spring to mind with them. Cheers mate.

Tony, this should be really simple, because you asked for a specific product, with a part number which they did not supply.

Legally, there is no question here. The part supplied was not fit for purpose, and under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have 30 days to return the product and claim a full refund.

They will understand that if you mention the above legislation.

In practical terms however, they dont want the valve back and you just want the extra component to make it work properly. They should send you the missing component - its clearly missing, you have photographs of the part you requested along with the part number.

You probably need to talk to someone in charge over there to get some common sense and get this sorted out, but the law is on your side.

This thread will come up whenever anyone on the internet searches for PF Jones and Landcruisers; so they really need this thread to have a happy ending!

Good advice IMHO, and as an addition to Karl if I may, do a company search to find out who the Directors/CEO is, and contact them direct through the company. Ok, a minion may open it, but it should find its way to the appropriate person, rather than twats who dont understand, and are not interested.

I understand the fact that some parts are nonreturnable like scv , injectors , injection pumps etc , once fitted but to send out parts missing of components when the details of the car for that part was clearly stated puts the fault in pfjones corner , I would demand to speak with the manager as well as a parts expert in the company for him to explain to the manager ( a lot of these managers and customer service personnel are paper passers and pen pushers and are not mechanically minded to understand the problem and need a engineer to explain to them the difference of none returnable parts and a missing component in the parts package ) to solve the problem pronto , PFJones can easily send out the valve cover and reclaim one from Denso .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TM. I have had a email back from them stating:
..we will have to agree to disagree on the context then, you can return it for a refund but I can't advise which one you need sorry.

I'll have to return it at my own cost and whilst this get's me my money back I have ordered the item from RoughTrax even though they are more than double the price, I cannot risk using this company going forward.

The RT item should hopefully be here tomorrow....

Agree. They are only interested in taking the money, now they are on the back foot, they don't want to help.
Great you're getting refunded, albeit less the post. You are likely on top of this Tony, but send it tracked or recorded delivery. More money I know, but if you send it regular post, they could say they haven't received it, then you will be out the post and the part. Let us know how you get on.

I'll defo send it at least as signed for, not going to give them that excuse. Once all done and dusted, I will email the sales director and share my experience with him, effectively giving someone more senior an opportunity to respond.

Back