Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspect this will not buff out

I've seen this before and after watching it again I still can't believe what a bunch of dicks these guys are.

Not meaning to be rude, anyone can make a mistake, I appreciate that, but this is a catalogue of bad decisions from start to finish.

First, the stranded pick-up could have driven out of that position if only someone had thought to jam a rock or tree branch in front of the back wheel to ramp it up over the obstacle.

Second, whether going forwards or backwards on a steep hill, one should always stay in a low gear with the clutch out (with a manual g/box) to save it running away with you like it appears happened to the 80.

This raises a question for me not ever having driven an auto. Do you have engine brake on 80 autos? I'm not clever enough to tell from the video whether this is a manual or an auto.

Anyway, if you're going to drive offroad, you should know better IMHO. I don't have too much sympathy I'm afraid. Shame, because it looks like it was a nice truck.

Am I being too critical and too wise after the event? :think: .......

Nah :lol:

The first major error was using a winch extension strap as a snatch strap! :doh:

with an auto box you can still use engine braking by selecting Low (as in first gear not Low ratio) so no excuse there!!!

I would have been offended if he had not sworn :icon-biggrin:.

I think he reversed quickly into a bank?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If it was slippery and you touched the brakes whilst reversing you would end in a bad slide i would think.

If it was slippery and you touched the brakes whilst reversing you would end in a bad slide i would think.

That would be my guess as to what happened, I've done it myself to a much lesser extent, obviously without the disastrous consequences in this vid. (That's why I was a bit cautious about being too critical:lol:).

It looked dry in the clip, but firm and dusty, meaning very little grip. If he powered it in reverse on that incline I guess he panicked and hit the brakes. The rest is history (and so is the truck :whistle:).

:icon-biggrin: Yeah bit of a lame warning but was more concerned little uns might be in ear shot.

What got me was the guy who is getting helped still sits in his car looking at his rear wheel while the cruiser lands on its roof. Unreal.

:icon-biggrin: Yeah bit of a lame warning but was more concerned little uns might be in ear shot.

What got me was the guy who is getting helped still sits in his car looking at his rear wheel while the cruiser lands on its roof. Unreal.

Yes, I thought that too! With friends like him, who needs enemies :icon-rolleyes: :lol:

The guy being helped, is a complete nugget. Feel sorry for the fellas helping him.

Back