Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension Suggestions for the 40

Pauly

Country Flag
australia
Looking at replacing all suspension etc.
Soooooo many manufactures & suppliers available, I would like to know your thoughts & or recommendations.
Not bias in any way, the more info the better.

BUT.....!

Your thoughts I will take as a recommendation
Your recommendation I will take as you have had it fitted to your truck & you have used it

Cheers,
Pauly

Just a day trip today
Still testing ATM
Pauly

1...JPG

Hi Paul,

Not going to be able to help much on this because my suspension was modified before I purchased the truck. It was a winch racing truck and has P38 coil overs and radius arms on the front with a 60 series axle and steering. It had been raised 2.5 inches all round. None standard rear leafs were used (source unknown) but they were sagging so we kept the top two leafs and replaced the rest (using the measurements) and the back end sits level now. I have Desert Fox rear shocks which are excellent but the lower eye rubbers keep wearing out and DF do not respond to emails so soon they will have to be replaced as no-one else makes that size of rubbers. So none of that is much use to you.

But replacing all the bushes made such a difference, tightened everything up and improved the ride and handling. The 2.5 lift sits very well with the 40, any higher and, I think, it would look and be ungainly but it also gives excellent and usable articulation.

Regards,

Rodger

Looking at replacing all suspension etc.
Soooooo many manufactures & suppliers available, I would like to know your thoughts & or recommendations.
Not bias in any way, the more info the better.

BUT.....!

Your thoughts I will take as a recommendation
Your recommendation I will take as you have had it fitted to your truck & you have used it

Cheers,
Pauly

Parabolic s will give you the best ride.

The parabolic's sound the goods but they don't make them for the 40 series
I've having a look into the EFS stuff
any one running there suspension?

The parabolic's sound the goods but they don't make them for the 40 series
I've having a look into the EFS stuff
any one running there suspension?
My troopy has leafs coils and shocks from EFS can't fault them tbh. Might be thinking about changing the leafs for parabolic's but know very little about them

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
mine has about 11 leafs in the rear suspension.
hard as a brick when no load in the truck.
no idea if they are original or parabolic.

The parabolic spring sets for a 60 series that I saw way back had about 4 leaves in the pack and looked similar to the rear springs on a mercedes sprinter pickup that I had... the ride was apparently very good I was told when I saw them.

I've seen parabolic springs on a couple of 40's, I think they were South African. Someone put an extensive build thread of a 40 rebuild years ago on here and that had parabolics on it. My 1st 4x4 ( an 83 Chevy Blazer) had them on, the front had 3 leaves and the rear five. The ride was a world away from Toyota's 40 and 60 series.

Have sent an email to Terrain Tamer for some pricing & a few questions
Dropped into Ironman for a look & a price
EFS is looking good at the moment
Ill keep in touch

Thanks Firewout,
For a complete change over they are all around $2000 give or take a couple of hundred
The springs are not to bad so at this stage I'm looking at just doing the shocks, shackles, bush's etc. Tighten up the front end & go from there
Cheers
Pauly

Hi guys pretty new here. Used to have a BJ42 20 odd years ago. Got my leafs done at the local spring works. Fixed the sag but by crikey it used bounce in the bush ha ha. I wouldn’t recommend them.

Back