Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swb sleeping platform?

hairyguy4

im looking at buying a 90 and common sense and practicality says get a lwb but I do love the k2 swb, so the question is what’s the likelihood of having a sleeping platform in the back of a shorty? Obviously with the back seats removed and the fronts pushed right forward how much room have I got to play with? My girlfriend will fit I’m sure being 5’2” but I’m 6’4” :astonished:

Even with the larger 80 series you would struggle tbh. It's barely enough for a 5'9 tall person when I measured mine in consideration of an overland setup. In the end a Hard Roof Top Tent was the best choice I made. Another thing is to consider it may be cramped or if you suffer from being claustrophobic, many things to consider.

I sleep in my 95 just fine not claustrophobic and saves you overloading the truck with unnecessary junk.

Can’t comment on a SWB version though, I guess you need to do some clever planning on how a platform works

Even with the larger 80 series you would struggle tbh. It's barely enough for a 5'9 tall person when I measured mine in consideration of an overland setup. In the end a Hard Roof Top Tent was the best choice I made. Another thing is to consider it may be cramped or if you suffer from being claustrophobic, many things to consider.

Yeah I was thinking that a roof tent would probably be what I’d end up needing to do, problem is I carry a tandem kayak as well, ahhh the struggles of being bloody tall cheers

I sleep in my 95 just fine not claustrophobic and saves you overloading the truck with unnecessary junk.

Can’t comment on a SWB version though, I guess you need to do some clever planning on how a platform works

Starting to think that even with the smartest of planning it may not be a possibility... off to look for a 95!

You'll have a comfortable 6 feet without even touching the front seats in a lwb 95. Ask me, I've been in there overnight a few times! You'll struggle to get near that in a swb, being about 400mm shorter internally.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What the swb has that the others don't is folding front seats , i can't remember exactly now but i remember yet another bantering argument with Clive "best truck" and i think the tape measure said internally his 80 is not much more than a foot longer maybe 18 inches and of course the front seats don't fold .

I was surprised to find i had to use my 90 to deliver the granddaughters toy kitchen because assembled it wouldn't fit in the 80 , the 90's taller roof swung it ........ just .

I'm 6ft and me and the midget gf have slept in my 90 , totally unprepared and with luggage loaded and it wasn't comfortable . Bare in mind it still has all its seats they were just folded down - as best i could with all the junk loaded in the truck .

With the benefit of hindsight next time i loaded the truck with seats already folded and a thick duvet (because i don't have a mattress) folded over them . It was comfortable enough for someone to get frisky even on the second or third night , but you best ask her about that :whistle:

Depends entirely on your long term goals for the truck i guess .

Edit , i found sleeping with our heads at the back of the truck best , sorely missed an internal rear door handle so i could open the door and make a cuppa on the bumper without getting out of bed in the mornings though .

Last edited:
Back