Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swingout spare wheel carrier

I made it so it's very tight.

No rattles or anything.

Will.look at the number plate tomorrow.
Going to.order a square one and do something like the Japanese import version.

Hi Tom, welcome. Basically, it's very hard to cost anything that's a one off. I have people say Ooh I like that would you make me one, the answer is I'm afraid, you couldn't afford it. Now, in terms of anything mass market that get churned out by the hundred, the costs of course are much lower. But one offs? Nah. There is so much time making these things as you go along with no drawing, now measurements and so forth, it's like a handmade suit. I've made several wheel carriers and there's considerable work in them and no two have ever been the same. That being said we will ALWAYS help some one out on here if we can. It's why we're here.
Where abouts in the country are you. That's the place to start.

:text-+1: Ditto! If you like the look of a bought one and wang to modify it then thats a good way to go but whenever its ‘custom’ you can double the price easily even if you don’t factor in your time. Unless you're a fabricator by trade with all the kit. The time spent is unbelievable. The results, often good but questionable as to if they are worth it.

As chris said the hours is mental to fab a 1 off. I wish id had another pivot made while i had the chance.

This has had a few mods since i did it but now looks alot better with the rear corner bumper fitted.

I would have thought if i added the hours up it would be 20plus so at £30 per hour its a fair bit and not many people would work for that fabricating

Stumog, I live in Australia and am having trouble finding one using Oem rear bumper. I have someone who can weld one for me if I can get drawings or details. I am avoiding the bumper kaymar type because of weight and cost. I have replaced sub tank & spare wheel with prado 120 sub tank. Now running out of time as going bush end of May. Can anyone help with details?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As a shameless plug on a resurrected thread....... If any one is looking for swing out spindles..I seem to be suffereing a surplus at the moment. Twin taper roller bearings, greasing points and weldable mounting plates.

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 10.12.03.jpg

Stumog, I live in Australia and am having trouble finding one using Oem rear bumper. I have someone who can weld one for me if I can get drawings or details. I am avoiding the bumper kaymar type because of weight and cost. I have replaced sub tank & spare wheel with prado 120 sub tank. Now running out of time as going bush end of May. Can anyone help with details?
Sorry i didnt do any drawings. Its all measured and made as a 1 off.

Do you know what the part number is from Kaymar? It would be great to get this mounted on the left hand side with the OEM one on the right.

I don't no. I bought it 2nd hand from someone from Australia via Facebook!!

Back