Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Switches

warrenpfo

I am in the planning stage for the added electrics and wanted to ask for the forum opinion on switches. Depending on the use for the switch most will be the simple on and off type with a few being three way (giggle). In order for me to remain anal (giggle) I want my switches to not only function every time first time but also look the part and if possible would like them to all be from the same range if that makes sense.

What is the opinion of switches with lights on them to tell you if they are on or off and what they do rather than a marker pen and a bit of tape. You don’t want them too bright as they are only going to be distracting but if you parked up in camp and switch off the ignition it might be a good idea to know if any of them are on if they are not ignition switched.

Which colour is less offensive to the eye, blue comes to mind or a green maybe. More importantly which switches are best to use and will take the odd bash and dust.

jk25_227_28_26_29_30.jpg29.jpgn07ar.jpgcarling-switch.jpg

I decided to get some OEM switches for my extra electrical bits - you'll find those easier to fit I think. I've got a round one like above on some LEDs in the back door, and the rectangular one on my work light. But the one for the new LightForce spotties will be an OEM switch to go in the spare slot in the mirror control panel.

Hope that helps :lol:

Carling switches are the danglies. Not only do you know if something is on or not but they also light up so you can see them at night. Plus they're rated high enough that in many cases a relay isn't needed. And just to finish off the job you can get stickers to go on them which will tell you what they are for.

+1 on carling switches - don't have any myself but everything I read about them is good. Go for red lights to help keep your night vision if you drive a lot at night.

Regards
Mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have t admit OEM switches are a lot easier to fit! Lose my patience too frequently with others so I avoid them if I can

Back