Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream help!!

Omar LC5 120

Country Flag
uk
So I managed to pick a techstream cable off of eBay. Managed to get it all up and loaded. But I'm stuck at a place where I need a registration key, so I'm supposed to send the long number to the seller and he will send me a registration key. What is this and is there a way around it.

Just looked at the instructions for when I installed mine. There was a .TXT file which told me to replace MainMenu.exe with a doctored one, and then register with a certain key. You not got anything like that?

Just looked at the instructions for when I installed mine. There was a .TXT file which told me to replace MainMenu.exe with a doctored one, and then register with a certain key. You not got anything like that?

Not from what I could see. Been a long time since I tried doing stuff like this.
But I've tried one way through doing a bit of looking up. Setup>vim select but this way has an option of xhorse.. on my vim select I only get techstream.
Other weblinks have done similar ways of saying, getting to this point (registration key) and then ask for the key after giving the long number.

I got it off eBay. I got the registration key today. From the seller. That's gone through. But now I can't change vim. Setup option Only gives me techstream in vim, other sites I'm reading on are saying that I need xhorse etc.
At the moment when I trying to connect with the car it throws a 'unable to connect to vim'.

I seriously thought it was a cable and connect it to the car and your up and running lol.

I seriously thought it was a cable and connect it to the car and your up and running lol.

It should be! If nobody else knows the VIM thing, I'll plug mine in tomorrow and see what it says - its been a few months since I used it!

Did you get the cable from the same seller?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got it off eBay. I got the registration key today. From the seller. That's gone through. But now I can't change vim. Setup option Only gives me techstream in vim, other sites I'm reading on are saying that I need xhorse etc.
At the moment when I trying to connect with the car it throws a 'unable to connect to vim'.

unable to connect to vim is what mine kept doing when I tried to install techstream myself , my son changed a setting in a list on x86 files from 1 to 0 and my son did something with the cable thingy installation and changed it from the standed setting to xhorse electronics and then bingo the connector led went green from red , how he did it I dont remember as it was all gobberly gook to me .

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be! If nobody else knows the VIM thing, I'll plug mine in tomorrow and see what it says - its been a few months since I used it!

Did you get the cable from the same seller?

Yes. I've emailed him to tell him where I am. And see what he says.
But I've been through loads of troubleshoot and finding a way.

unable to connect to vim is what mine kept doing when I tried to install techstream myself , my son changed a setting in a list on x86 files from 1 to 0 and my son did something with the cable thingy installation and changed it from the standed setting to xhorse electronics and then bingo the connector led went green from red , how he did it I dont remember as it was all gobberly gook to me .
That's the bit I'm confused about. Maybe theres something I should changed before clicking next next next lol. We'll figure it out.

Hi,
I have facing same issue did you sort out it. can u please explain about this? if you overcome this issue. I have activated the license through Toyota. I have no idea how to interface with the vehicle. but I have Mini VCI J2534. Can you Please share the driver software for Mini vci J2534

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Mini VCI J2534.jpeg
    Mini VCI J2534.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi,
I have facing same issue did you sort out it. can u please explain about this? if you overcome this issue. I have activated the license through Toyota. I have no idea how to interface with the vehicle. but I have Mini VCI J2534. Can you Please share the driver software for Mini vci J2534

Did you not get a cd or usb from the seller. It's all on my little brothers laptop, Haven't used it in a while.
You could try a few options.

Either Google what you need. As the techstream software etc.
Ask seller for the cd or usb. As everything would be on there.

You could send me your email address and when I get on my little bros laptop I could try sending you it. But I can't promise anything anytime soon.

Did you not get a cd or usb from the seller. It's all on my little brothers laptop, Haven't used it in a while.
You could try a few options.

Either Google what you need. As the techstream software etc.
Ask seller for the cd or usb. As everything would be on there.

You could send me your email address and when I get on my little bros laptop I could try sending you it. But I can't promise anything anytime soon.

Hi,
Thanks for your support.
yes, I have USB but I don't have the cd . yes, I install the tecstream but can't change vim. Setup option Only gives me techstream in vim,
Here is my email [email protected]

Hi all
i have downloaded many cracked versions that I found on the web from 13xxx to 15xxx and they all work fine to an old PC with win XP that I have.
My problem is that none of the downloaded versions have my prado (kdj120L) 1KDFTV

Is there someone who can share such link?
If it's not a big trouble is it possible for someone to upload the tested version that he has (including kdj120L) to a sharing site such as Dropbox so i can download it?

I really appreciate your support.
Thanks in advance!

I use version 12, and I think other people are successfully using version 15. Are you sure the support isn't there? What options do you have?

Thanks for answering!
The only option that it gives me related to LC or Prado is landcruiser 2UZ.
do you have (kdj120L) 1KDFTV like me?
if yes and it is working, can you please share it using a sharepoint site like dropbox?

I would really appreciate!!

Thanks again Karl2000 for sharing your version!

The weird thing is that your version too is appearing to have the same problem to me... Its obvious that something else is wrong...
Very weird. I see no other LC but the 2UZ-FE. See the pic attached.
I am using the classic mini VCI J2534 cable that I suppose most of us have purchased from ebay...
Thanks anyway!
I will format the PC and install a fresh XP
I will keep you posted

Attachments

• 1632497264072.jpg
    1632497264072.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 29
Back