Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream help!!

No. Just the 2UZFE related to land cruiser.
Of course several other Toyota models are also existing
Do you also have win xp or any newer?
Iam thinking to try win 7

Show us some screenshots of the options on all your drop downs, not just the engine.

What version of Techstream are you using now?

Wouldn't expect the OS to make a difference - lots of people use xp for it.

When you connect to the car, are you selecting manual connection, or automatic?

Is your techstream configured for Europe or somewher else?

Fixed it!
Thanks for your support!
I installed win 7 and even if it is 64bit i managed to install the cable too.

I am suspecting that it was the BIOS configuration that was creating the problem.
I am using an old PC (Lenovo x201i) but not so old to get win xp and support it 100%
I had to modify the BIOS from "ANSI" to "compatible" so it allows me to install XP.
The result was not to fully comply with several drivers and maybe also with the language of techstream software.
This is why i changed to win7 and it worked!
Thank you all for trying to support by thinking the reasons that could cause the problem.

Answering your questions.
I used more than 5 versions from 11.... To 15..... And all had the same problem (of course due to BIOS)
In the drop down menu i was missing some options and techstream couldn't identify the car while starting. Now it does just while starting and automatically connecting (no problem on manual too)
My last question on the point is which of all the number options to choose. I thought it could be the date of car production but many choices don't fit to dates.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And voilà my first screen shot

Attachments

• techstream.PNG
    techstream.PNG
    121.1 KB · Views: 33
This is how it looks for me, just for reference

View attachment 176884
The only way i can get these options using a version 12 and 16 is to select country as japan it connects but keeps disconnecting vehicle connection to vim.
Set it for any other region and it doesn't detect my vehicle and I have to manually enter but only gives me the top and third row vehicle I'd boxes but connects and works perfectly but won't let me enter or see my injector compensation codes..
Just a quick thought is the japan issue due to it selecting jbod protocol as used in Japanese domestic market so the difference in data speed on jbod is causing my erratic connection issues

Thanks again Karl2000 for sharing your version!

The weird thing is that your version too is appearing to have the same problem to me... Its obvious that something else is wrong...
Very weird. I see no other LC but the 2UZ-FE. See the pic attached.
I am using the classic mini VCI J2534 cable that I suppose most of us have purchased from ebay...
Thanks anyway!
I will format the PC and install a fresh XP
I will keep you posted
I only get this on ver 12 and 16 if selecting North America as my region

Hi all, I'm new to the pages and just found this thread, not sure if it is still monitored but having just downloaded Techstream V12.20.024 my OBD2 cable appears unable to connect to the ECU. as it's it's sensing the ECU it's coming up said option (Image 15827), then when manually scrolling through the options it kicks me out. has any one seen this (Image133155) is what I'm seeing on the dash ? I'd sure appreciate some feedback on it! Thanks in advance.

KDJ150
1KD-FTV

Attachments

• IMG20230107153306[1].jpg
    IMG20230107153306[1].jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG20230107151827[1].jpg
    IMG20230107151827[1].jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG20230107133155[1].jpg
    IMG20230107133155[1].jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 20
What OS are you using? What exactly did you install? Did it all to as per the instructions? I'd suspect the drivers for your OBDII cable.

I think that version of techstream is designed for win XP or win 7 - anything newer might need a bit of fiddling to work!

PS: make sure you install it on a dedicated computer and not your normal family/internet/busines laptop

Thanks Karl -

yeah there was a download from the Ih8MUD forum which I was directed to from another L'Cruiser forum. It had been update fairly recently so I deleted the former program and re-installed that updated copy from the same site. It is a Windows 10 Machine however it is running the Oracle Virtual box which has Windows XP running inside of it. Interestingly I have since plugged into a mates 2016 VDJ79 it runs perfectly on it. There is something a miss here, and yes I believe you're right in saying there is an issue in the mini VCI cable. I've done some foraging around other website and some are using Version 2.0.4 firmware in the cable where mine is Version 1.4.1 which came with the cable I purchased off eBay. Have you come across this before??

Thanks for that. Just checked my cable, and thats using 1.4.1 firmware too, so it must be a fairly common version. I've only used my techstream on a 120 however.

I assume the download was a virtual box VM, and you didnt create a VM, take windows XP and install techstream in it yourself - which sort of suggests that the installation has already worked elsewhere. Plus the fact that you've had your setup working on your mates vehicle suggests to me that your installation is probably OK....

So... turning to your motor - have you double checked your OBD fuse? (Quick google suggests it might be fuse number 15 in the internal fuse box, but double check that!)

Good luck!

Thanks for that.

I have un installed the Virtual box and that version of Techtream and have decided to go another way as all that you have suggested has been tried and still no cigar.

Please let us know the solution when you find it!

Have you had your car work OK on other diag tools, at the garage for instance?

Back