Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

techstream

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
ive just changed my cmputer however i cant transfer techstream ,nothing seems reasonable on ebay can anyone help

The problem seems to be that techstream was designed to run on 32 bit systems & isn't happy on a 64 bit setup. I found this video that gives an alternative to registry hacks.At first it didn't work but i then installed an older version of Oracle VM box version 4.3.12 - you can see in the video that Win 7 is being used .So far it runs fine although i haven't had time to connect it to the Landcruiser.

Take a look at this thread, it's what I used to get techstream working on a win10 laptop

The problem seems to be that techstream was designed to run on 32 bit systems & isn't happy on a 64 bit setup. I found this video that gives an alternative to registry hacks.At first it didn't work but i then installed an older version of Oracle VM box version 4.3.12 - you can see in the video that Win 7 is being used .So far it runs fine although i haven't had time to connect it to the Landcruiser.
thanks

Take a look at this thread, it's what I used to get techstream working on a win10 laptop
thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a word of warning - all these versions of Techstream are hacked copies, and I wouldn't recommend putting them on anything other than a dedicated computer - preferably one that does not have internet access.

Id also be extremely wary about letting someone in via TeamViewer to 'fix' it.

If you don't have a spare computer to dedicate to it and/ or the tech savy to set it up, you might want to consider a stand alone unit (eg intelligent tester). It maybe more expensive, but consider the cost of having hacked software / hackers running about your computer or network. Of course lots of people will say 'oh mine is fine I've had no problem' - but the main point is you will probably never know.

Just a word of warning - all these versions of Techstream are hacked copies, and I wouldn't recommend putting them on anything other than a dedicated computer - preferably one that does not have internet access.

Id also be extremely wary about letting someone in via TeamViewer to 'fix' it.

If you don't have a spare computer to dedicate to it and/ or the tech savy to set it up, you might want to consider a stand alone unit (eg intelligent tester). It maybe more expensive, but consider the cost of having hacked software / hackers running about your computer or network. Of course lots of people will say 'oh mine is fine I've had no problem' - but the main point is you will probably never know.
True but it’s on a stand alone computer

Back