Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Terraclean. Has anyone tried it in their diesel?

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello fellow owners. Has anyone had any terraclean treatment on their 90, or any other diesel car that they own?

If so, has there been any noticeable difference, improvements etc?

Do you believe that the cost is worth the treament?

Cheers.

I did but just because i went there thinking to have my 90's injectors serviced and they just shook their head to that idea "nothing sounds that good with injector problems" .

The Terraclean was a pointless exercise as far as i could tell but i was there expecting a huge bill for an injector refurb so it was a cheap why not by comparison .

Why do you want it ?

Hi @Shayne
Cheers for the reply. I was more interested in whether there were any noticeable differences. I've been itching to remove my manifold to give it a clean out, and was getting lazy thinking that terraclean may save me the trouble of removal. Edd China has a video endorsing the product, but at £120 to run it through my 1KZ-TE, I’m was wondering if the bill matched any ‘perceived’ benefits. Perhaps not. Unless of course, your engine was in decent condition before the process was carried out?

EGR is what causes the problems and with that blocked a bottle of Wynns gold diesel treatment and some throttle does the same job .

I'm sure that there have been a few cases of terraclean or something similar that have buggered up engines big time by flushing crap through the intake system then into the engine internals resulting in knackered vehicle big repair costs and am not sure if the cleaning company will accept any responsibility for the damage

TBH I'm not sure I'd trust any of these "flush" type services. If the engine is healthy it seems unnecessary, and if the engine is knackered then I can't see how flushing stuff through it would make any material difference, and as Steve says, you risk displacing something you don't want to!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I work as marine engineer for 20 years and never used any magic liquid to clean injectors in diesel engine ;) My three engines eating 40000 ltr of diesel a day and how much of this magic I would have to apply for them xD. We dont use such things in industry coz they do nothing. I think Edd got himself a sponsor ;)

Seafoam was one of those cleaners reported to have shagged engines in the past.
As Steve says, leave them - you're better off doing a manual clean of egr, throttle body and manifold, especially when you see the amount of s**t that comes out of some engines with such a clean.

Agree with that , but injectors and fuel pump won’t host much crap so fuel cleaner is harmless even if it were proven to be useless .

Flushing oil to is just a chemical assist to break down emulsified oil , 3 oil changes in 3 weeks would achieve the same thing using the same chemicals at only 5 times the price .

Back