Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Adventure Overland Show 28th 29th sept 19

The show really was terrible.

I have not been a for a few years but wanted to ask some questions to a few people showing so made the effort. If someone turned up and paid for the day ticket to expect trade stands to view stuff they would be disappointed.

Even the large stands from west coast and Nene when I went around had nobody to ask any info. Was very surprised

Less stands, still the odd layout (did we go down that row?) probably more vehicles and certainly more big show pieces but it just seems to be dominated by Land Rovers more and more each time I go.
Probably less vehicles overall to look at. I have to think the addition of another one earlier in the year is diluting the whole thing.

Perhaps the logic behind the layout it to test navigation skills. Practice for when you find youve accidentally driven into some bazaar.

Great to meet everyone.

Less stands, still the odd layout (did we go down that row?) probably more vehicles and certainly more big show pieces but it just seems to be dominated by Land Rovers more and more each time I go.
Probably less vehicles overall to look at. I have to think the addition of another one earlier in the year is diluting the whole thing.

We are doing more of a circle next time rich. 100%

The guys who won the free Tickets were:
Chris
Andy
Trev
Reinard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris as in me? Did I?

Everyone's kit had dried out before we left at 2 on sunday
Yes I did see the rain had mostly gone by then. Still, if I’d stayed it would have been as per the forecast.
You see the sacrifices I make for you guys. :lol:

Would it be worth doing a site day or somewhere else instead of this show?

For what it's worth, if asked, what would you like to have seen at the show? I'm tempted to drop Tom a line. It's all very well criticising him (yes it is) but we should at least attempt to influence his choices. I would like to have seen something on:
Drones - demos and sales obviously
Bespoke bag making for kit like stoves, BBQs and so on
More on Solar solutions
Metal coatings
Tent repairs
Radio comms

There were many exhibitors who have been there who weren't such as Krown, Bushpig, Tuff TRek, the Billtong people etc etc

I know dara is in south Africa travelling Chris.
Some good ideas there. we have seen various things over the years that were good.

Bit disappointed in show but met up with a couple of you, special mention to Trevor.

Ordered the crank shaft pulley and will see if that's the issue.

Andrew

Selling wool to sheep was never gonna be a good business model so its a campsite rather than a show .

Last time i visited i thought at least it would be a fun day out for my 5 year old grandson which was a mistake because he spent 2.5 hours in the truck getting there an hour walking around in circles with nothing to see or do and 2.5 hours getting home again .

It should be aimed at converting the heathen , a family day out , de-demonizing , the wife nudging dad into a new hobby and teaching the treehugger daughter the difference between a chelsea tractor and a 4x4 .

A carnival , a fair , brought to you by nice people with cool trucks who are more in touch with the green planet than anyone sat in a city office making green planet rules .

As a first timer to the show and for what my hour and 1/2 I spent there was here’s my thoughts

I went hoping to see some setups and products that either I wanted to make or buy. I wanted to speak to folk about their experiences, but found many of the areas unoccupied and people appeared uninterested. The layout was confused with big gaps in some and tight in others, it didn’t flow.

I guess in part we don’t have many suppliers in the UK or a large enough market yet.

What did I go for. Storage solutions, custom bags/pockets/rolls. Water set ups, onboard air and solar systems. What can I do to maximise the space without significant weight. I had cash for a bush pig, but they weren’t there. I also wanted to talk LC with like minded folk, but that was my balls up.

As a first timer to the show and for what my hour and 1/2 I spent there was here’s my thoughts

I went hoping to see some setups and products that either I wanted to make or buy. I wanted to speak to folk about their experiences, but found many of the areas unoccupied and people appeared uninterested. The layout was confused with big gaps in some and tight in others, it didn’t flow.

I guess in part we don’t have many suppliers in the UK or a large enough market yet.

What did I go for. Storage solutions, custom bags/pockets/rolls. Water set ups, onboard air and solar systems. What can I do to maximise the space without significant weight. I had cash for a bush pig, but they weren’t there. I also wanted to talk LC with like minded folk, but that was my balls up.

Every camper in the fields were worth talking to. Who's better to get ideas off etc than the actual people out there doing /using it? .I think anything you have mentioned above one of the cruiser guys could have pointed you in the right direction.

Back