Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Black Beast has to go dilemma

Shayne

Guru
MY 90.jpeg

1F919E2F-B035-4881-81BC-B93353D40586.jpeg

Its just sat here wasting away and worth a hell of a lot more than i could possibly sell it for .

shall i strip it for parts many of which can be transferred to the mrs 90 or sold , or tart it up a bit for sale though i'd like to keep the bumper and winch .

The real tragedy of either option is this truck goes like stink due to all the time i spent tuning and modifying and theres no way the mrs will allow me to put the 1kz-te engine in her 1kd .

I guess i'm just procrastinating but your your thoughts would be appreciated because its wasted just sat neglected .

Last edited:
If you kept the bumper and winch would they be utilised or just rot away in the shed?
I would be selling as is so the new owner gets a Stonking truck and is happy with it. Then invest the revenue into some new gear for my main truck or new tools / equipment

Hi Shayne sorry to see you have to let it go wot r you thinking about on cost thanks a lot Tony.

Ben and Tony underline my dilemma , Bumper , winch , intercooler and exhaust owe me at least 3 grand on there own . But of course nobody is going to pay what i paid for them .

And MisterCruiser the Beast is my best truck and it was just a fluke of circumstance its ended up unused . Its history is all on here .

M.0.T garage had overbooked so i was still sat waiting after 5pm on a Friday for my turn . I'd been there an hour when they asked me to leave the truck over night and collect tomorrow . A taxi home would have cost more than the M.O.T . A pissed of tester failed a bunch of stuff like bushes and things I knew to be less than a year old . I figured to take it to another garage Monday and get a pass before returning to see if i could get the moron sacked .

Instead i decided to turn a negative into a positive and call it an omen because I enjoyed driving it so much i was never going to get around to tarting up the chassis.
It prompted this KZJ90 first used May 12th 1998 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

I was in the middle of all this when out of the blue I was offered an 80 which was to good to pass up . And I really don't know , I have no room for 3 cars , my business started going tits up , my better half turned into a menopausal lunatic , locked down left me with no income , the 80 would never suit me as factory standard , I guess the 90 just became a shelved hobby that could wait until life improved some , there was nothing wrong with it when i took it apart , think it has about 130k miles on the clock .

Back