Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

Ozzie is on the left of the picture and Zen on the right. This was taken at the beginning of last season so late October November time. Still really fit and working at 14 +. View attachment 164475 View attachment 164476
Absolutely Fab Lab,

Love the number plate, and it's fantastic to have some great pic's to look at in these doom and gloomy times we are living in at the mo.

I have nicknames for my two, I call them 'Big shit' and 'Little shit'

Hat's off to you, keep up the good work. :thumbup::thumbup:

No, I haven't had any happy pills.

I work in IT so luckily I can work from home, my wife is part time but deals with a lot of paperwork etc., so there's no working from home for her, so she's working as normal at the moment. My son is also at school as normal albeit with extra hygiene stuff drummed into them.

Shopping here is relatively normal, no bog roll or tissues etc., but lots of fresh produce when I went yesterday. There are limits imposed by the major 2 supermarket chains of 1 or 2 items of each category (e.g. tinned food). I think it's an opportunity to try new things and also to shop at the smaller independent grocers who seem to have a reasonable amount of stuff.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of many reasons why I’m a fan of Lidl. No one needs to be confronted with a choice of 60 types of sausages.
Strange considering it's a German company, Germans love their sausages.

Well, I don't know about you lot, I'm not sick with, yet, I'm sick of this Corona Virus, the crap that the news on the telly comes out with, it's worse than Brexit when it comes to news casting.

:text-+1:

Unless they want to promote suicide during lockdown why don't they just shift all the virus news to a single vendor , i would suggest the BBC but that won't work when nobody believes a thing they report in the unlikely event they watch BBC at all .

But if sanity is to be retained hows about reminding us there is other news , the world goes on , as is i find it easy to imagine my old and long gone nan being trapped in a neverending loop of misery - coronation street - we all gonna die news - emerdale .

Hows about hollywood does it part and releases the rights to hundreds of thousands of cartoons 40 year old or more as a distraction to incarceration .

Wife went to asda early a.m. even more stuff missing.
No bread, but oddly our local post office had some.
Queues to the door in chemist, and price of ibroprufaven
(spelling)? rocketed. Apparently ingredients come from china/Malaysia WTF?
Supermarkets, asda I think,have asked for police presence for people who gatecrash their oldies and vulnerable hour. For christs sake why have we got to be their free? Security for them ?
The police can't turn up for a burglary anyway, so they will wait a long time, and those people who do that are lower than a snakes belly and can even be identified in some press pictures of queues in these times.
I'm getting closer to abandoning the human race !!

Troops on the street, Mmm! interesting, I wonder if they let them take their Guns..And give 'em' a shoot to kill Policy.... Now where did the Missus put my SA 80...:violence-ak47:

Queues to the door in chemist, and price of ibroprufaven
(spelling)? rocketed. Apparently ingredients come from china/Malaysia WTF?

Interesting, because you are generally warned against taking ibuprofen if you have suspected CV.

I don't know if it's the same issue but there were problems with supply last year. I take it for sciatica so have an interest. There are only a few places that manufacture the active ingredient and China and India are a big % of that. BASF make it in the US but they had some factory problem last year which made prices go up. There were stories of a general concern that so few plants manufactured it.

Yep absolutely right Rob. Apparently I got it round the wrong way. Sorry all for misinformation, I don't work for the government, honest! Now there's a contradiction.

Troops, yeah I heard that. What powers of detain and arrest do they have, I don't get that, or is it more sensationalism?

I work in IT so luckily I can work from home, my wife is part time but deals with a lot of paperwork etc., so there's no working from home for her, so she's working as normal at the moment. My son is also at school as normal albeit with extra hygiene stuff drummed into them.

Shopping here is relatively normal, no bog roll or tissues etc., but lots of fresh produce when I went yesterday. There are limits imposed by the major 2 supermarket chains of 1 or 2 items of each category (e.g. tinned food). I think it's an opportunity to try new things and also to shop at the smaller independent grocers who seem to have a reasonable amount of stuff.
My wife works in a small CO-OP, the panic buyers are now targeting the smaller shops as there is no limit at the moment, as of 10:00 this morning, there are no tin foods left, no loo rolls, and all the other items that fly off the shelves are gone, the lorry arrives at the back door and unloaded into the warehouse, then on to trolleys to be taken onto the shop floor, the panic buyers are waiting at the door from the warehouse to the shop and emptying the trolly before it can be unloaded, they grab an item from the bottom and the rest is then strewn all over the place, there's nothing the staff can do, apart from stand back otherwise they get threatened, the panic buyers have so far stopped short of entering the warehouse.

They are like a pride of Lions ripping at their pray, and all running away with what the can grab, at least they are still paying for the items they scavenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
The panic buying will calm like it did here .. remember Ireland is a week ahead of the UK in terms of decision making. People went a bit mad for a couple of days but a new normality has settled. I went to Tesco for the weekly shop yesterday, and the only thing in short supply was pasta and sugar.. everything else was there, just not in it's usual vast over supply. Store was calm and distance kept. Supply chain is being protected by legislation, meaning exemption from travel restrictions and relaxing of haulage regulations

This too will pass.. and hopefully society will take something from it.

Was on 3 horse tablet like ibruprofen a day for a few years something like 17 years ago and so i remember even then it was an open question do they do more harm than good and the answer was depends who you ask .

Troops on the streets i think unlikely the way i'm reading it is military medics will be brought in to assist the NHS . Personally i thought military qualifications were void in civvy street but who cares when experience is , was and always will be the only qualification of worth . Maybe Moggy can clarify ?

An awful thought crossed my mind today - this is the excuse they have been looking for to take cash out of circulation so they can tax every tuppence digitally .

I didn't know this, did you ?

The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

Was on 3 horse tablet like ibruprofen a day for a few years something like 17 years ago and so i remember even then it was an open question do they do more harm than good and the answer was depends who you ask .

Troops on the streets i think unlikely the way i'm reading it is military medics will be brought in to assist the NHS . Personally i thought military qualifications were void in civvy street but who cares when experience is , was and always will be the only qualification of worth . Maybe Moggy can clarify ?

An awful thought crossed my mind today - this is the excuse they have been looking for to take cash out of circulation so they can tax every tuppence digitally .
You can't have Paracetamol either, because the Parrots have eaten them all, sorry I lapsed into boredom for second or two.

And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
They're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-haaa
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats
And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Interesting, because you are generally warned against taking ibuprofen if you have suspected CV.

Doesn't give you the shits either but no one is listening to that advice. :laughing-rolling:

I heard, from a reliable source (and he got it from his mate on Facebook who works in parliament) that Skittles also help cure it. Who wuda thought ;)

Buys shares in skittles company

Back